Elvis tribute night to raise funds for community centre
- Credit: Archant
An Elvis tribute night will be taking place this week in memory of a young girl who died two years ago.
The event, on Friday, April 26, in Hornchurch, will raise money for the Karis May Darling Foundation. Karis, from Corringham, was 12 when she died after contracting streptococcus.
Her family in Hornchurch have organised the charity event aimed at raising money for a community centre.
Her cousin Lisa Goodey, from Hornchurch, said: “Once the centre is up and running we hope to help underprivileged children with the dreams of singing dancing acting and sport. All the things that Karis loved.”
The event will include performances from Dean Howe and will be at the Royal British Legion and doors open at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is £10 for adults and £5 for children.
To buy tickets or for information call Lisa on 07737 142364.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations