Elm Park woman woken by loud bang as car crashes through wall
- Credit: Archant
A woman was awoken by a “massive bang” when a car came crashing into her garage.
Emma Moyes, of Sarre Avenue, Elm Park, took a photograph of the scene moments after a white BMW smashed through her garden wall and came to a stop after hitting the metal structure.
The 24-year-old is thanking her lucky stars that the £50,000 vehicle did not come crashing into her home at about 9pm on Wednesday November 19.
Emma said: “I just heard a massive bang, I just thought that there had been a car crash on the road but I walked outside and I saw the lights of the car and it was in the back of our garage.
“The driver had obviously lost control – there was so much smoke coming out of the car.”
You may also want to watch:
A shaken Emma rushed to try and help the driver get out of his car.
She said: “The driver was quite young and I told him to get out of the car but he was fine.”
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 5 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 6 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 7 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 10 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
A brick wall was brought down in the collision while tree branches and the garage – which did not have any vehicles inside – were damaged.
Emma said: “It was really loud but I didn’t expect to come out and see what I saw.
“If he was at a different angle, it would be a completely different story, he would have come through our garden and into our house, which is just a terrifying thought.
“It’s taken a massive chunk out of the wall and our garage – we’re just lucky it missed our car.”
She added: “There’s quite a bit of damage but we’re renting here so our landlords are sorting it out.
“But all of our stuff is just everywhere, the garage is in a complete state.”