Elm Park woman woken by loud bang as car crashes through wall
- Credit: Archant
A woman was awoken by a “massive bang” when a car came crashing into her garage.
Emma Moyes, of Sarre Avenue, Elm Park, took a photograph of the scene moments after a white BMW smashed through her garden wall and came to a stop after hitting the metal structure.
The 24-year-old is thanking her lucky stars that the £50,000 vehicle did not come crashing into her home at about 9pm on Wednesday November 19.
Emma said: “I just heard a massive bang, I just thought that there had been a car crash on the road but I walked outside and I saw the lights of the car and it was in the back of our garage.
“The driver had obviously lost control – there was so much smoke coming out of the car.”
You may also want to watch:
A shaken Emma rushed to try and help the driver get out of his car.
She said: “The driver was quite young and I told him to get out of the car but he was fine.”
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 6 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 7 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 8 Romford man gets community order for causing pensioner's crash death
- 9 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 10 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
A brick wall was brought down in the collision while tree branches and the garage – which did not have any vehicles inside – were damaged.
Emma said: “It was really loud but I didn’t expect to come out and see what I saw.
“If he was at a different angle, it would be a completely different story, he would have come through our garden and into our house, which is just a terrifying thought.
“It’s taken a massive chunk out of the wall and our garage – we’re just lucky it missed our car.”
She added: “There’s quite a bit of damage but we’re renting here so our landlords are sorting it out.
“But all of our stuff is just everywhere, the garage is in a complete state.”