Elm Park’s stamps sell out within a week
The latest limited edition stamps have sold out within a week.
The Elm Park Regeneration has created two sets of stamps a year since 2006 -one for the Summer Fiesta, and the second for the Christmas illuminations.
In keeping with this year’s Hollywood theme for the illuminations last month the stamps had a star in the style of those on Hollywood Boulevard, with Elm Park underneath it.
They went on sale the day after the event at Elm Park Florists, Station Parade, for at �1 each or a special sheet of 20 for �100.
Tina Death, co-owner of the shop and member of the regeneration group said: “The stamps sold out very quickly because they are collectibles and limited edition. We have sheets go for �600 on eBay before.
You may also want to watch:
“Stamp collectors love them, and I had orders from Russia and America again from people who love to collect the Elm Park stamps.”
Next year’s stamps for the Summer Fiesta will mark the Queen’s Jubilee.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 3 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 4 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 5 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 8 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 9 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says
- 10 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster