Elm Park flower show was blooming marvellous
Entries for this year’s Elm Park flower show were blooming marvellous with colourful displays marking the 75th annual show.
The event, at Elm Park Assembly Hall in Eyhurst Avenue, was held by the horticultural guild and was the third of four shows held annually.
The next is the winter show on November 3.
More than 160 entries were submitted for 120 different classes including flowers, vegetables, and homecrafts, including jams and cakes.
Organiser Richard Mummery said the new vegetable cake category had some interesting entries.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We had some good entries in the new class and they ranged from the usual carrot cakes to the more adventurous potato and courgette cakes. There were some interesting ideas.
“We had a few more entries in this show, which we think was helped by a successful summer show in June.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 5 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 8 'Second of its kind' interactive Oceanarium room to open in Romford
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford