Elm Park flower show was blooming marvellous
Entries for this year’s Elm Park flower show were blooming marvellous with colourful displays marking the 75th annual show.
The event, at Elm Park Assembly Hall in Eyhurst Avenue, was held by the horticultural guild and was the third of four shows held annually.
The next is the winter show on November 3.
More than 160 entries were submitted for 120 different classes including flowers, vegetables, and homecrafts, including jams and cakes.
Organiser Richard Mummery said the new vegetable cake category had some interesting entries.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We had some good entries in the new class and they ranged from the usual carrot cakes to the more adventurous potato and courgette cakes. There were some interesting ideas.
“We had a few more entries in this show, which we think was helped by a successful summer show in June.”
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 7 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 8 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 9 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford