New e-bike store set to open this month
- Credit: The Electric Bike Shop
An electric bike shop has opened its latest branch in September.
The Electric Bike Shop, which has existing branches across England, has signed a 10-year lease with commercial property investment company LCP.
On the High Street in Brentwood, the 2378 sq ft store will sell e-bikes from popular manufactures including Cube and Raleigh.
Asset manager at LCP, Claudia Gasparro, said the shop is “great news” for the town centre as it will bring a “fresh dimension” to the leisure scene and ”welcome jobs to the community”.
Business development managing director of The Electric Bike Shop, Alan Fowler, said Brentwood was chosen for its location in an “affluent area” and “within commuting distance on an e-bike" to outside of the borough, to places such as Romford and central London.
You may also want to watch:
He confirmed four jobs will initially be created with more in the pipeline to support the shop.
Alan added: “The store team, led by Paul Jackson as the store manager, have all been in the cycling industry for many years but most of all are cyclists themselves.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 6 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 7 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 8 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 9 Report reveals patients still struggle to get in-person GP appointments
- 10 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
"As a business, we want to get as many people cycling and commuting by bike as we can.”