Elderly woman stabbed by burglars in Havering home
An elderly woman was stabbed when she disturbed burglars in her Havering-atte-Bower home.
The victim, 76, was confronted by two white, masked men, one of whom stabbed the pensioner in the hand, at around 2am on Saturday.
The woman, who was in bed with her 73-year-old husband at the couple’s Broxhill Road home, had been awoken by the sound of her dog barking.
The thieves made off with cash and jewellery.
Witnesses should contact Romford CID on: 101
You may also want to watch:
The woman was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 7 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 8 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 9 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford