Elderly woman stabbed by burglars in Havering home
An elderly woman was stabbed when she disturbed burglars in her Havering-atte-Bower home.
The victim, 76, was confronted by two white, masked men, one of whom stabbed the pensioner in the hand, at around 2am on Saturday.
The woman, who was in bed with her 73-year-old husband at the couple’s Broxhill Road home, had been awoken by the sound of her dog barking.
The thieves made off with cash and jewellery.
Witnesses should contact Romford CID on: 101
You may also want to watch:
The woman was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’