Elderly couple wanted over racist bus stop row in Rainham
- Credit: Archant
This elderly couple are wanted by police in connection with a racist row at a bus stop.
Two women in their 20s were waiting for the 165 bus outside Tesco in Rainham Road, Rainham on December 8 when one of them accidentally trod on the foot of an elderly woman.
A man - who was with this woman - racially abused the victims before pushing one of them with the outside of his arm.
The victim of the assault did not require hospital treatment.
The bus stop was extremely busy and officers would also like to speak with anyone who witnessed the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact the community safety unit at Romford Police Station on 01708 779 110 or 101 quoting 5418508/14.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 4 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 5 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 6 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 7 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 8 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 9 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 10 Charity's 10 years of teaching safe travel to vulnerable young people