Efficiency the key to Daggers victory insists Still
Dagenham & Redbridge manager John Still felt after taking the lead at Bristol Rovers, his side were rarely challenged.
Dagenham & Redbridge boss John Still thought his side were “efficient” in their 1-0 win against Bristol Rovers on Saturday.
Goalkeeper Chris Lewington kept the game goalless early on with a fine double save before Sam Williams struck what proved to be the winner and Still believed his side were never really tested after taking the lead.
He said: “The early part of the game, Chris did brilliant. Once we settled and scored, it’s easy to say now, but I didn’t think that we were under too much pressure.
“We have worked hard and that is what I call a typical Dagenham performance away from home, with everyone knowing their job, working hard and doing their bit.
You may also want to watch:
“I am not saying everyone was sparkling but everyone was efficient. Sometimes you have to be efficient. At home we don’t concede and away from home we haven’t been as efficient. Today we were.”
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 6 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 9 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 10 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway