Youtube entrepreneur Jamal Edwards quizzed by Havering College students
- Credit: Archant
Multi-millionaire Jamal Edwards, who founded his own YouTube channel, got students’ minds whirring when he visited Havering College last week.
He visited the Ardleigh Green Campus in Hornchurch to answer some of the youngsters’ burning questions and share his entrepreneurial experience. One pupil, Idris Wint-Miller, also seized the opportunity to impress the 23-year-old media mogul by performing his own rap.
The 17-year-old said: “It was amazing to have Jamal Edwards come to our college. I just decided to grab the opportunity and perform. I am excited that Jamal reacted by saying it sounded good and that he wants to hear more.”
Jamal’s visit was part of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2013, which is the world’s largest campaign to people to set up their own businesses.
Laura Trapp, enterprise hub co-ordinator, said: “As a college we are committed to harnessing and developing our students’ talents and encouraging them to follow their passions, whatever they may be.
You may also want to watch:
“Jamal is a perfect example of how dedication to one’s passion can pay off.”
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 6 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 7 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 8 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 9 Romford man gets community order for causing pensioner's crash death
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London