Youtube entrepreneur Jamal Edwards quizzed by Havering College students
- Credit: Archant
Multi-millionaire Jamal Edwards, who founded his own YouTube channel, got students’ minds whirring when he visited Havering College last week.
He visited the Ardleigh Green Campus in Hornchurch to answer some of the youngsters’ burning questions and share his entrepreneurial experience. One pupil, Idris Wint-Miller, also seized the opportunity to impress the 23-year-old media mogul by performing his own rap.
The 17-year-old said: “It was amazing to have Jamal Edwards come to our college. I just decided to grab the opportunity and perform. I am excited that Jamal reacted by saying it sounded good and that he wants to hear more.”
Jamal’s visit was part of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2013, which is the world’s largest campaign to people to set up their own businesses.
Laura Trapp, enterprise hub co-ordinator, said: “As a college we are committed to harnessing and developing our students’ talents and encouraging them to follow their passions, whatever they may be.
You may also want to watch:
“Jamal is a perfect example of how dedication to one’s passion can pay off.”
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage