Youtube entrepreneur Jamal Edwards quizzed by Havering College students
- Credit: Archant
Multi-millionaire Jamal Edwards, who founded his own YouTube channel, got students’ minds whirring when he visited Havering College last week.
He visited the Ardleigh Green Campus in Hornchurch to answer some of the youngsters’ burning questions and share his entrepreneurial experience. One pupil, Idris Wint-Miller, also seized the opportunity to impress the 23-year-old media mogul by performing his own rap.
The 17-year-old said: “It was amazing to have Jamal Edwards come to our college. I just decided to grab the opportunity and perform. I am excited that Jamal reacted by saying it sounded good and that he wants to hear more.”
Jamal’s visit was part of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2013, which is the world’s largest campaign to people to set up their own businesses.
Laura Trapp, enterprise hub co-ordinator, said: “As a college we are committed to harnessing and developing our students’ talents and encouraging them to follow their passions, whatever they may be.
You may also want to watch:
“Jamal is a perfect example of how dedication to one’s passion can pay off.”
- 1 Male injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 6 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 7 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 8 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 9 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds