Young Gidea Park geniuses awarded for solving puzzles in national maths competition
- Credit: Archant
Young maths geniuses have been awarded for solving mind-boggling puzzles.
Representatives from tuition company Explore Learning headed to Squirrel’s Heath Junior School in Romford last week to award a team of pupils for their success in the annual National Young Mathematicians Award.
The annual competition is run with the University of Cambridge’s NRICH Project and has primary schools from across the country competing to get to the grand finale. The overall winners were a team from a school in Woking.
The team from Squirrel’s Heath included Millie Graham, William Dawe, Louis Auvray and Abigail Hollier.
Katie Proctor, centre director at Explore Learning, said: “We were really in impressed with the team’s systematic approach to the problem and the way in which they recorded their findings.
You may also want to watch:
“This is also the second year in a row that Squirrel’s Heath have been our top scoring team so they have done really well!”
Havering’s Explore Learning centre is based next to The Brewery in Romford.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 8 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 10 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts