Young entrepreneurs from Upminster compete to take their business national
A team of young entrepreneurs from an Upminster school will compete in a Dragon’s Den type competition for the chance to take their business national today.
The pupils of Sacred Heart of St Mary Girls’ School will present their company, Affinity, to judges in the hope of being named London Young Enterprise Company of the Year.
Affinity, which sells colourful, flashing/reflective cycle safety bands, was created by the students.
Hannah Smy, 17, student and Managing of Director of Affinity, said: “We’ve all worked really hard at developing our product and making sales with everyone taking on their own role. We’ve enjoyed the whole experience and feel we’ve really honed our business skills. We’ve had ups and downs and are very proud to be taking part in the London final.”
The Young Enterprise programme challenges students across the country to set up and run a real business, providing an insight into the world of work.
You may also want to watch:
Emily Todd, a teacher at Sacred Heart of St Mary Girl’s School, said: “The students have really enjoyed putting their all into the Young Enterprise Company Programme. It has given them the chance to take on a real challenge and develop their practical business skills. They have learnt about teamwork, communication and taking ownership of a project in a way that doesn’t really happen in any of their other subjects.”
If the group are crowned champions today they will be given the opportunity to sell their products in Asda stores and compete in the competition’s national finals.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 8 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 10 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?