Young Ballerinas from Gidea Park shine on stage in Hyde Park
�The Angelina Ballerina Dance Academy in Gidea Park is celebrating after its pupils danced in front of thousands of people in Hyde Park.
Hannah Stewart and Lily Richards took part in the Jubilee Family Festival as part of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
Rain did not dampen the ballerinas’ spirits or those of their teacher, Yvonne Brown, as they staged an Angelina Ballerina mini show, based around what they had been taught in class.
The interactive show was staged in the children’s zone of the huge event, and featured some of the favourite actions of the children from the class as well as a new dance from the Angelina Ballerina musical. There was even an appearance from the Angelina Ballerina herself.
You may also want to watch:
Yvonne, from Gidea Park, said: “We were delighted to be asked by the organisers to appear on the Hyde Park stage with our dance academy. It couldn’t have gone any better – the queues were out of the door and my little ballerinas shone on stage.”
Television personality and musician Myleene Klass and comedian Jon Culshaw presented the event which attracted more than 100,000 people.
- 1 Concern as drop kerb charges surge by 40%
- 2 Mum's anger amid mice infestation: 'Housing association fobbed it off'
- 3 Romford has one of UK's best retail recoveries, footfall data suggests
- 4 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 5 Second phase of St George's Park development now underway
- 6 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 9 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 10 Romford add to management team as Boro win 11-goal Waltham Abbey friendly