Young Ballerinas from Gidea Park shine on stage in Hyde Park
�The Angelina Ballerina Dance Academy in Gidea Park is celebrating after its pupils danced in front of thousands of people in Hyde Park.
Hannah Stewart and Lily Richards took part in the Jubilee Family Festival as part of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
Rain did not dampen the ballerinas’ spirits or those of their teacher, Yvonne Brown, as they staged an Angelina Ballerina mini show, based around what they had been taught in class.
The interactive show was staged in the children’s zone of the huge event, and featured some of the favourite actions of the children from the class as well as a new dance from the Angelina Ballerina musical. There was even an appearance from the Angelina Ballerina herself.
You may also want to watch:
Yvonne, from Gidea Park, said: “We were delighted to be asked by the organisers to appear on the Hyde Park stage with our dance academy. It couldn’t have gone any better – the queues were out of the door and my little ballerinas shone on stage.”
Television personality and musician Myleene Klass and comedian Jon Culshaw presented the event which attracted more than 100,000 people.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 6 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back