Young Ballerinas from Gidea Park shine on stage in Hyde Park
�The Angelina Ballerina Dance Academy in Gidea Park is celebrating after its pupils danced in front of thousands of people in Hyde Park.
Hannah Stewart and Lily Richards took part in the Jubilee Family Festival as part of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
Rain did not dampen the ballerinas’ spirits or those of their teacher, Yvonne Brown, as they staged an Angelina Ballerina mini show, based around what they had been taught in class.
The interactive show was staged in the children’s zone of the huge event, and featured some of the favourite actions of the children from the class as well as a new dance from the Angelina Ballerina musical. There was even an appearance from the Angelina Ballerina herself.
You may also want to watch:
Yvonne, from Gidea Park, said: “We were delighted to be asked by the organisers to appear on the Hyde Park stage with our dance academy. It couldn’t have gone any better – the queues were out of the door and my little ballerinas shone on stage.”
Television personality and musician Myleene Klass and comedian Jon Culshaw presented the event which attracted more than 100,000 people.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 4 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 9 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 10 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array