Young Ballerinas from Gidea Park shine on stage in Hyde Park
�The Angelina Ballerina Dance Academy in Gidea Park is celebrating after its pupils danced in front of thousands of people in Hyde Park.
Hannah Stewart and Lily Richards took part in the Jubilee Family Festival as part of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
Rain did not dampen the ballerinas’ spirits or those of their teacher, Yvonne Brown, as they staged an Angelina Ballerina mini show, based around what they had been taught in class.
The interactive show was staged in the children’s zone of the huge event, and featured some of the favourite actions of the children from the class as well as a new dance from the Angelina Ballerina musical. There was even an appearance from the Angelina Ballerina herself.
Yvonne, from Gidea Park, said: “We were delighted to be asked by the organisers to appear on the Hyde Park stage with our dance academy. It couldn’t have gone any better – the queues were out of the door and my little ballerinas shone on stage.”
Television personality and musician Myleene Klass and comedian Jon Culshaw presented the event which attracted more than 100,000 people.
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 3 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 4 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 5 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid
- 6 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 7 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement
- 8 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 9 'Abused, slapped and spat at': New Romford shopping centre tells of racist abuse suffered by staff
- 10 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October