World Book Day - Upminster school children embrace Alice in Wonderland theme
- Credit: Archant
Jabberwocky, dressing up and a themed menu were part of the fun for Upminster pupils.
Upminster school children embraced an Alice in Wonderland theme in their celebration of World Book Day today.
Pupils and staff at Oakfields Montessori School dressed up in costumes inspired by the book which included Alice, the mad hatter and Queen of hearts.
There was also a model Jabberwocky in a gazebo outside and a themed lunch menu.
Laura Ciftci, Headteacher at Oakfields Montessori School said: “World Book Day is yet another way for Oakfields to demonstrate our outstanding creativity and inspiring cross-curricular approach to learning.
You may also want to watch:
“The Jabberwocky sculpture – constructed using recyclable materials – by Year 6 pupils is the culmination of a Literacy Unit built around this famous Carroll nonsense poem.”
- 1 Male injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 3 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 6 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds