World Book Day - Upminster school children embrace Alice in Wonderland theme
- Credit: Archant
Jabberwocky, dressing up and a themed menu were part of the fun for Upminster pupils.
Upminster school children embraced an Alice in Wonderland theme in their celebration of World Book Day today.
Pupils and staff at Oakfields Montessori School dressed up in costumes inspired by the book which included Alice, the mad hatter and Queen of hearts.
There was also a model Jabberwocky in a gazebo outside and a themed lunch menu.
Laura Ciftci, Headteacher at Oakfields Montessori School said: “World Book Day is yet another way for Oakfields to demonstrate our outstanding creativity and inspiring cross-curricular approach to learning.
You may also want to watch:
“The Jabberwocky sculpture – constructed using recyclable materials – by Year 6 pupils is the culmination of a Literacy Unit built around this famous Carroll nonsense poem.”
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
- 9 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge