Great Warley school shortlisted for Tes sports award
- Credit: Woodlands Prep
Woodlands Preparatory school has been shortlisted for a sports award for the second time in a row.
The school in Great Warley has been recognised for its dedication to sport in the 2021 Independent Schools Awards hosted by Tes - a weekly independent schools publication, formerly known as the Times Educational Supplement.
The school already holds a Platinum Sportsmark and was last year awarded the Independent Schools Association award for Outstanding Sport.
Head of sport at Woodlands, Madeline Raymond said: “Sport is at the heart of everything we do at Woodlands and despite the challenges of the pandemic, we rose to the challenge delivering a programme of remote sports provision to ensure our pupils stayed healthy and focused on their wellbeing.”
Tes editor, Jon Severs said: “After a difficult year for all schools, it is an honour to celebrate the Tes Independent School awards, not only to celebrate excellent practice but to ensure that practice is shared far and wide.
You may also want to watch:
"We received an unparalleled number of entries this year, which is testament to the great work all have done during the pandemic. The schools that have been shortlisted should be proud - it's a remarkable achievement."
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 8 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says