Upminster family fun day called ‘a great success’
- Credit: Archant
Mums, dads, children and people of all ages enjoyed a day full of fun and activities at a park on Saturday.
Organisers, the Friends of Upminster Park, held the event at the park in Corbets Tey Road, Upminster, as they have done for the past 11 years.
The annual all day event had lots for families to enjoy including donkey rides, bouncy castles, a train, side shows and lots of stalls.
A spokesman for the group said: “Our fun day was a great success. We raised nearly £1,500 which will go towards improving our park.
“The day was chilly with gusty winds but the sun came out in the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“We were visited by hundreds of people and Waitrose sold strawberries and cream and donated the proceeds to us.”
Two musical performances were provided by the Hornchurch Drum and Trumpet Corps, a youth marching band formed in 1959.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 6 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 7 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 8 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 9 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
Group member Patricia Flavell said: “We usually have two to three hundred people attend the event.
“We get help from Veolia which enabled us to put a lot of new trees and flower beds in the park.
“We have a lovely play area and have now added some new swings.”
To help plan future events or to join, the group meet on the last Wednesday of each month at 7.30pm Trinity Church, Gaynes Road, Upminster.
Visit friendsofupminsterpark.com for more information.