Upminster family fun day called ‘a great success’
- Credit: Archant
Mums, dads, children and people of all ages enjoyed a day full of fun and activities at a park on Saturday.
Organisers, the Friends of Upminster Park, held the event at the park in Corbets Tey Road, Upminster, as they have done for the past 11 years.
The annual all day event had lots for families to enjoy including donkey rides, bouncy castles, a train, side shows and lots of stalls.
A spokesman for the group said: “Our fun day was a great success. We raised nearly £1,500 which will go towards improving our park.
“The day was chilly with gusty winds but the sun came out in the afternoon.
“We were visited by hundreds of people and Waitrose sold strawberries and cream and donated the proceeds to us.”
Two musical performances were provided by the Hornchurch Drum and Trumpet Corps, a youth marching band formed in 1959.
- 1 Isla Caton 'gains her angel wings' after five-year cancer battle
- 2 WATCH: Man accelerates towards unconscious victim outside Sugar Hut
- 3 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 4 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 5 Noise concern leads to conditioned approval for Hornchurch Japanese restaurant's alcohol and opening licence
- 6 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 7 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 8 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 9 Government denies campaigners' allegations Lower Thames Crossing is 'smart motorway'
- 10 Knife seized in Hornchurch as part of neighbourhood patrol
Group member Patricia Flavell said: “We usually have two to three hundred people attend the event.
“We get help from Veolia which enabled us to put a lot of new trees and flower beds in the park.
“We have a lovely play area and have now added some new swings.”
To help plan future events or to join, the group meet on the last Wednesday of each month at 7.30pm Trinity Church, Gaynes Road, Upminster.
Visit friendsofupminsterpark.com for more information.