Two men bailed after Christmas Eve assault in Romford
Two men have been bailed over an assault in Romford on Christmas Eve, following a fight involving between six and eight men.
Two other men were injured in the attack, one suffering a fractured skull, the other a fractured jaw and severe facial injury, at around 3.15am on Exchange Street.
The other group made off after the assault.
DS Sara Yems of Havering CID said: “We are still appealing for witnesses to come forward and help us piece together the full circumstances of the incident.
“Although it was the early hours, the area was still busy and we need people to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can assist should call detectives on 01708 779216, or via mobile 07909 887718; if you wish to remain anonymous please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Two men, one aged 25, the other 22, were arrested in the vicinity shortly afterwards, and are now bailed to return to an east London police station in February.
- 1 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 2 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 3 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 6 Sewage floods home of family with one-day-old newborn after heavy rain
- 7 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 10 Drains in area repeatedly flooded to be next inspected during bad weather