Two men bailed after Christmas Eve assault in Romford
Two men have been bailed over an assault in Romford on Christmas Eve, following a fight involving between six and eight men.
Two other men were injured in the attack, one suffering a fractured skull, the other a fractured jaw and severe facial injury, at around 3.15am on Exchange Street.
The other group made off after the assault.
DS Sara Yems of Havering CID said: “We are still appealing for witnesses to come forward and help us piece together the full circumstances of the incident.
“Although it was the early hours, the area was still busy and we need people to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can assist should call detectives on 01708 779216, or via mobile 07909 887718; if you wish to remain anonymous please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Two men, one aged 25, the other 22, were arrested in the vicinity shortly afterwards, and are now bailed to return to an east London police station in February.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 4 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 5 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 6 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 7 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 8 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 9 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 10 More than 100 attend first session of gangs awareness workshop run by detective