Two men bailed after Christmas Eve assault in Romford
Two men have been bailed over an assault in Romford on Christmas Eve, following a fight involving between six and eight men.
Two other men were injured in the attack, one suffering a fractured skull, the other a fractured jaw and severe facial injury, at around 3.15am on Exchange Street.
The other group made off after the assault.
DS Sara Yems of Havering CID said: “We are still appealing for witnesses to come forward and help us piece together the full circumstances of the incident.
“Although it was the early hours, the area was still busy and we need people to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can assist should call detectives on 01708 779216, or via mobile 07909 887718; if you wish to remain anonymous please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Two men, one aged 25, the other 22, were arrested in the vicinity shortly afterwards, and are now bailed to return to an east London police station in February.
- 1 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 4 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 5 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 8 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 9 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 10 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100