Theatre group’s urgent appeal for pianist for Brentwood production next month
A theatre group is urging pianists to get in touch to help with their nativity production next month.
Kytes Theatre Group will be staging a production of Tim Firth’s comedy The Flint Street Nativity in November and need a pianist to join their team.
A spokesman for the group said: “The play is about a class of seven-year-olds, all played by adults, who are staging their nativity, and the songs are a major aspect of the production, as the cast practice their carols, singing alternative lyrics which reveal their inner thoughts.
“We are now halfway through rehearsals and need a pianist to help the cast make sense of when they should be coming in, as sometimes things are a bit confusing as characters sing different lines or parts of lines around one another.”
Rehearsals will be on Mondays and Wednesdays between 7.45pm to 10.15pm at Fairkytes Arts Centre, Billet Lane, Hornchurch.
You may also want to watch:
The dress rehearsal will be in Noak Hill on November 4. Technical and dress runs will also be on November 6 and 7 at Brentwood Theatre.
The performances will be at the theatre between November 8 and 10.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 5 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 6 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 9 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 10 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
You could also help by supplying a recording of the music for dress rehearsals.
If you can help email firstname.lastname@example.org today (Friday) to confirm.