Theatre group’s urgent appeal for pianist for Brentwood production next month
A theatre group is urging pianists to get in touch to help with their nativity production next month.
Kytes Theatre Group will be staging a production of Tim Firth’s comedy The Flint Street Nativity in November and need a pianist to join their team.
A spokesman for the group said: “The play is about a class of seven-year-olds, all played by adults, who are staging their nativity, and the songs are a major aspect of the production, as the cast practice their carols, singing alternative lyrics which reveal their inner thoughts.
“We are now halfway through rehearsals and need a pianist to help the cast make sense of when they should be coming in, as sometimes things are a bit confusing as characters sing different lines or parts of lines around one another.”
Rehearsals will be on Mondays and Wednesdays between 7.45pm to 10.15pm at Fairkytes Arts Centre, Billet Lane, Hornchurch.
You may also want to watch:
The dress rehearsal will be in Noak Hill on November 4. Technical and dress runs will also be on November 6 and 7 at Brentwood Theatre.
The performances will be at the theatre between November 8 and 10.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 7 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 8 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 9 Wanstead and Havering residents 'make noise' for proportional representation
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
You could also help by supplying a recording of the music for dress rehearsals.
If you can help email firstname.lastname@example.org today (Friday) to confirm.