Theatre group’s urgent appeal for pianist for Brentwood production next month
A theatre group is urging pianists to get in touch to help with their nativity production next month.
Kytes Theatre Group will be staging a production of Tim Firth’s comedy The Flint Street Nativity in November and need a pianist to join their team.
A spokesman for the group said: “The play is about a class of seven-year-olds, all played by adults, who are staging their nativity, and the songs are a major aspect of the production, as the cast practice their carols, singing alternative lyrics which reveal their inner thoughts.
“We are now halfway through rehearsals and need a pianist to help the cast make sense of when they should be coming in, as sometimes things are a bit confusing as characters sing different lines or parts of lines around one another.”
Rehearsals will be on Mondays and Wednesdays between 7.45pm to 10.15pm at Fairkytes Arts Centre, Billet Lane, Hornchurch.
You may also want to watch:
The dress rehearsal will be in Noak Hill on November 4. Technical and dress runs will also be on November 6 and 7 at Brentwood Theatre.
The performances will be at the theatre between November 8 and 10.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 5 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 6 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Construction of new Rainham Leisure centre pushed back to 2022
You could also help by supplying a recording of the music for dress rehearsals.
If you can help email firstname.lastname@example.org today (Friday) to confirm.