Theatre group’s urgent appeal for pianist for Brentwood production next month
A theatre group is urging pianists to get in touch to help with their nativity production next month.
Kytes Theatre Group will be staging a production of Tim Firth’s comedy The Flint Street Nativity in November and need a pianist to join their team.
A spokesman for the group said: “The play is about a class of seven-year-olds, all played by adults, who are staging their nativity, and the songs are a major aspect of the production, as the cast practice their carols, singing alternative lyrics which reveal their inner thoughts.
“We are now halfway through rehearsals and need a pianist to help the cast make sense of when they should be coming in, as sometimes things are a bit confusing as characters sing different lines or parts of lines around one another.”
Rehearsals will be on Mondays and Wednesdays between 7.45pm to 10.15pm at Fairkytes Arts Centre, Billet Lane, Hornchurch.
You may also want to watch:
The dress rehearsal will be in Noak Hill on November 4. Technical and dress runs will also be on November 6 and 7 at Brentwood Theatre.
The performances will be at the theatre between November 8 and 10.
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 5 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 6 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 7 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 8 Police unit for 'high-harm' crimes tackles hike in domestic incidents
- 9 Covid-19: What's opening and what can you do on April 12?
- 10 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
You could also help by supplying a recording of the music for dress rehearsals.
If you can help email email@example.com today (Friday) to confirm.