Theatre group’s urgent appeal for pianist for Brentwood production next month
A theatre group is urging pianists to get in touch to help with their nativity production next month.
Kytes Theatre Group will be staging a production of Tim Firth’s comedy The Flint Street Nativity in November and need a pianist to join their team.
A spokesman for the group said: “The play is about a class of seven-year-olds, all played by adults, who are staging their nativity, and the songs are a major aspect of the production, as the cast practice their carols, singing alternative lyrics which reveal their inner thoughts.
“We are now halfway through rehearsals and need a pianist to help the cast make sense of when they should be coming in, as sometimes things are a bit confusing as characters sing different lines or parts of lines around one another.”
Rehearsals will be on Mondays and Wednesdays between 7.45pm to 10.15pm at Fairkytes Arts Centre, Billet Lane, Hornchurch.
The dress rehearsal will be in Noak Hill on November 4. Technical and dress runs will also be on November 6 and 7 at Brentwood Theatre.
The performances will be at the theatre between November 8 and 10.
- 1 Local election 2022: HRA and Labour form new Havering administration
- 2 'Transformational’: What is the Elizabeth line and what does it mean for Havering?
- 3 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 4 Nude cycle ride supporting cyclists' safety and body positivity to come to Romford
- 5 Apology issued after NHS nurse 'was failed by short-staffed Queen's Hospital maternity ward'
- 6 Met Police reportedly 'scrutinising CCTV' in Havering electoral fraud investigation
- 7 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
- 8 Man stabbed in head in reported Hornchurch robbery
- 9 Jailed: Woman raped by two men in 'depraved' set-up
- 10 NEU brands restructure 'detrimental' while trust says union 'not putting pupils first': Harold Hill school strikes resume
You could also help by supplying a recording of the music for dress rehearsals.
If you can help email email@example.com today (Friday) to confirm.