Teen dies in moped smash in Burland Road, Collier Row
A Collier Row teenager has tragically died after the moped he was riding was in collision with a people carrier, yesterday evening (Sunday).
The 18-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash in Burland Road, at the junction of Highfield Road, in Collier Row, at around 6.30pm.
The 56-year-old driver of the car, a Chrysler Voyager, has been arrested on suspicion of death by careless driving, and driving under the influence of alcohol, DS Mark Robson, of the road death investigation unit, said.
Neighbours helped the stricken youth while they waited for emergency services to arrive.
Police are appealing for witnesses, but are keeping an “open mind” as to the exact cause of the crash, DS Robson said.
You may also want to watch:
Investigators believe they know the identity of the boy, but will not release a name until after a post-mortem, due on Wednesday.
Anyone with information should contact the unit on: 0208 597 4874
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 8 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage