Talented kids from Romford theatre school heading for the West End
- Credit: Archant
Talented youngsters at a Romford theatre school are gearing up for a West End performance later this year.
Members of the Dreams Theatre School, which is based at Marshalls Park School, Petits Lane, will take part in the variety show Sunday Night Live at Her Majesty’s Theatre in Haymarket, London, on October 6.
The director of the club, Karen Easteal, said: “The children are very excited, they can’t wait.
“It is going to be such a great opportunity for them all and a good experience.”
The youngsters, cheered on by their families, will be performing three numbers, including a street dance demonstration.
You may also want to watch:
They will sing the Annie numbers Maybe and Hard Knock Life and the Les Miserables songs On My Own, I Dreamed a Dream, One Day More and At the End of the Day.
The children, who meet on Thursdays from 5pm to quarter to seven, have attended extra rehearsals this summer.
- 1 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 2 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 3 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 4 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 8 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 9 Could you be former Brentwood man's long lost relative?
- 10 Cycle relay through Romford supporting Help for Heroes
Karen, who has been director for 10 years, added: “I’m so proud of them for their hard work.
“This group are probably the most talented we have ever had.”
The children will also be putting on a production of Annie on October 5 at MyPlace, in Harold Hill.