Talented kids from Romford theatre school heading for the West End
- Credit: Archant
Talented youngsters at a Romford theatre school are gearing up for a West End performance later this year.
Members of the Dreams Theatre School, which is based at Marshalls Park School, Petits Lane, will take part in the variety show Sunday Night Live at Her Majesty’s Theatre in Haymarket, London, on October 6.
The director of the club, Karen Easteal, said: “The children are very excited, they can’t wait.
“It is going to be such a great opportunity for them all and a good experience.”
The youngsters, cheered on by their families, will be performing three numbers, including a street dance demonstration.
You may also want to watch:
They will sing the Annie numbers Maybe and Hard Knock Life and the Les Miserables songs On My Own, I Dreamed a Dream, One Day More and At the End of the Day.
The children, who meet on Thursdays from 5pm to quarter to seven, have attended extra rehearsals this summer.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 3 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 6 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
- 7 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 8 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 9 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
Karen, who has been director for 10 years, added: “I’m so proud of them for their hard work.
“This group are probably the most talented we have ever had.”
The children will also be putting on a production of Annie on October 5 at MyPlace, in Harold Hill.