Talented kids from Romford theatre school heading for the West End
- Credit: Archant
Talented youngsters at a Romford theatre school are gearing up for a West End performance later this year.
Members of the Dreams Theatre School, which is based at Marshalls Park School, Petits Lane, will take part in the variety show Sunday Night Live at Her Majesty’s Theatre in Haymarket, London, on October 6.
The director of the club, Karen Easteal, said: “The children are very excited, they can’t wait.
“It is going to be such a great opportunity for them all and a good experience.”
The youngsters, cheered on by their families, will be performing three numbers, including a street dance demonstration.
They will sing the Annie numbers Maybe and Hard Knock Life and the Les Miserables songs On My Own, I Dreamed a Dream, One Day More and At the End of the Day.
The children, who meet on Thursdays from 5pm to quarter to seven, have attended extra rehearsals this summer.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Here are five top-rated delicious 'cheap eats' in Havering, according to Tripadvisor
- 3 'Crucial' consultation begins on proposed changes to Lower Thames Crossing project
- 4 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 5 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 6 TOWIE stars and West Ham footballer attend Upminster health centre's launch
- 7 'Irreversible stress': Nearly 2,000 oppose move to suspend Cranham and Upminster midwifery service
- 8 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 9 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
Karen, who has been director for 10 years, added: “I’m so proud of them for their hard work.
“This group are probably the most talented we have ever had.”
The children will also be putting on a production of Annie on October 5 at MyPlace, in Harold Hill.