Staff at Romford salon bake cakes for charity
Workers at a Romford salon cooked up a treat in aid of Children In Need.
The staff at Shears Salon in Upper Brentwood Road, Romford spent the day baking cakes and gave them to their customers for a donation on Friday November 12.
Manager of the salon, Sarah Colli said: “The cakes were delicious.
“We had so much fun baking them and it was a really nice atmosphere throughout the day.”
The event made �45 for Children In Need.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah, decided to raise money for Children In Need after seeing the show last year.
Two weeks ago the staff came up with the idea to bake cakes.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
- 9 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
Sarah said: “I remember watching the programme last year and it was really moving.
“I am really impressed with the amount of money raised because it just came from one day.”