Shopping centre spreads the love by giving Romford shoppers 1000 balloons to pop for prizes
- Credit: Archant
An excited crowd of shoppers gathered to burst balloons for prizes at a shopping centre on Sunday to celebrate Valentines Day.
Ribbon puller, Vinnie Bailey, six, from Dagenham was selected at random to release 1000 red and white balloons filled with 101 prizes.
One Romford couple, Stacey and Jeff Emms, eagerly stomped away to find themselves the lucky winners of a £500 shopping experience at the Liberty Shopping Centre in Romford.
“We weren’t expecting to win anything we just entered for a bit of fun,” said Stacey.
“I popped one last balloon which had a piece of paper saying I had won a £500 gift card, I couldn’t believe it, I thought is this real?
You may also want to watch:
“I am so happy.”
Other families, couples and parents eagerly stomped away to find out if they had a £20, £10 and £5 gift card hidden in their balloons.
- 1 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 4 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 7 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 8 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 9 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 10 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
Centre manager, Jonathan Poole said: “Congratulations to our lucky winners and a big thank you to all our shoppers who took part, we were so pleased to be able to share the love and make their day even more special.”