Shopping centre spreads the love by giving Romford shoppers 1000 balloons to pop for prizes
- Credit: Archant
An excited crowd of shoppers gathered to burst balloons for prizes at a shopping centre on Sunday to celebrate Valentines Day.
Ribbon puller, Vinnie Bailey, six, from Dagenham was selected at random to release 1000 red and white balloons filled with 101 prizes.
One Romford couple, Stacey and Jeff Emms, eagerly stomped away to find themselves the lucky winners of a £500 shopping experience at the Liberty Shopping Centre in Romford.
“We weren’t expecting to win anything we just entered for a bit of fun,” said Stacey.
“I popped one last balloon which had a piece of paper saying I had won a £500 gift card, I couldn’t believe it, I thought is this real?
“I am so happy.”
Other families, couples and parents eagerly stomped away to find out if they had a £20, £10 and £5 gift card hidden in their balloons.
- 1 Man in critical condition after 'deliberate' hit and run in Hornchurch
- 2 Council to inspect 'dangerous' space outside Upminster homes
- 3 Owner calls support for new Gidea Park pizzeria 'overwhelming'
- 4 3 Romford arrests in modern slavery, cannabis and money laundering probe
- 5 Councillor leaves HRA group on council over Labour agreement
- 6 ‘Lawless’: Further issues raised with state and maintenance of Romford car park
- 7 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 8 Hundreds oppose Harold Wood scheme to stop cars driving around schools at peak times
- 9 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 10 Permission granted for streetlights along footpath to hospital
Centre manager, Jonathan Poole said: “Congratulations to our lucky winners and a big thank you to all our shoppers who took part, we were so pleased to be able to share the love and make their day even more special.”