Shopping centre spreads the love by giving Romford shoppers 1000 balloons to pop for prizes
- Credit: Archant
An excited crowd of shoppers gathered to burst balloons for prizes at a shopping centre on Sunday to celebrate Valentines Day.
Ribbon puller, Vinnie Bailey, six, from Dagenham was selected at random to release 1000 red and white balloons filled with 101 prizes.
One Romford couple, Stacey and Jeff Emms, eagerly stomped away to find themselves the lucky winners of a £500 shopping experience at the Liberty Shopping Centre in Romford.
“We weren’t expecting to win anything we just entered for a bit of fun,” said Stacey.
“I popped one last balloon which had a piece of paper saying I had won a £500 gift card, I couldn’t believe it, I thought is this real?
You may also want to watch:
“I am so happy.”
Other families, couples and parents eagerly stomped away to find out if they had a £20, £10 and £5 gift card hidden in their balloons.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 9 Schools say lack of funding means they can't carry out mass Covid testing
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
Centre manager, Jonathan Poole said: “Congratulations to our lucky winners and a big thank you to all our shoppers who took part, we were so pleased to be able to share the love and make their day even more special.”