Shipwrecked Danni to take plunge for sick toddler
A Romford reality TV star is the latest to join a team of celebrities risking their lives to help get a toddler life-changing surgery.
Danni Mannix, in Channel 4’s Shipwrecked, is using her new found fame to help answer the desperate plea of Reece Walker’s family, who are trying to raise �45,000 for a ground-breaking operation.
Danni, 23, will join nine other reality stars on Sunday (December 18) plunging 160ft in a sponsored bungee jump at the O2 Arena in Greenwich, London, in aid of the “Help Reece Walk” appeal.
Three-year-old Reece is one of twins born 12 weeks premature at Basildon Hospital in 2009.
Tragically, Reece’s brother, Marcus, died after a desperate fight for life and the lack of oxygen left Reece with a brain injury resulting in Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy.
You may also want to watch:
Now, the operation in the US could which could help the toddler walk independently for the first time in his life.
Danni said “This is a fantastic opportunity to help raise the profile of Reece’s appeal and help generate support for this vital campaign.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
“Reece and his family need a lot of help and when I heard about the bungee challenge I jumped at the chance to get on board and take part.”
The sponsored bungee event was set up by former Big Brother housemate Tashie Jackson and Caudwell Children, as part of Reality Relief, which aims to help reality TV use their fame for good causes.
Reece’s mum Laura said “We have been overwhelmed by the support we have received and can’t thank Danni, Tashie, and the other celebrities enough; we are so grateful that they have chosen to support our appeal.”
To support the Help Reece Walk Appeal, please visit www.justgiving.com/DanniMannix or text “DANI92 �5” to 70070.