Shipwrecked Danni to take plunge for sick toddler
A Romford reality TV star is the latest to join a team of celebrities risking their lives to help get a toddler life-changing surgery.
Danni Mannix, in Channel 4’s Shipwrecked, is using her new found fame to help answer the desperate plea of Reece Walker’s family, who are trying to raise �45,000 for a ground-breaking operation.
Danni, 23, will join nine other reality stars on Sunday (December 18) plunging 160ft in a sponsored bungee jump at the O2 Arena in Greenwich, London, in aid of the “Help Reece Walk” appeal.
Three-year-old Reece is one of twins born 12 weeks premature at Basildon Hospital in 2009.
Tragically, Reece’s brother, Marcus, died after a desperate fight for life and the lack of oxygen left Reece with a brain injury resulting in Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy.
You may also want to watch:
Now, the operation in the US could which could help the toddler walk independently for the first time in his life.
Danni said “This is a fantastic opportunity to help raise the profile of Reece’s appeal and help generate support for this vital campaign.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 7 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 8 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 9 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 10 Wanstead and Havering residents 'make noise' for proportional representation
“Reece and his family need a lot of help and when I heard about the bungee challenge I jumped at the chance to get on board and take part.”
The sponsored bungee event was set up by former Big Brother housemate Tashie Jackson and Caudwell Children, as part of Reality Relief, which aims to help reality TV use their fame for good causes.
Reece’s mum Laura said “We have been overwhelmed by the support we have received and can’t thank Danni, Tashie, and the other celebrities enough; we are so grateful that they have chosen to support our appeal.”
To support the Help Reece Walk Appeal, please visit www.justgiving.com/DanniMannix or text “DANI92 �5” to 70070.