Shipwrecked Danni to take plunge for sick toddler
A Romford reality TV star is the latest to join a team of celebrities risking their lives to help get a toddler life-changing surgery.
Danni Mannix, in Channel 4’s Shipwrecked, is using her new found fame to help answer the desperate plea of Reece Walker’s family, who are trying to raise �45,000 for a ground-breaking operation.
Danni, 23, will join nine other reality stars on Sunday (December 18) plunging 160ft in a sponsored bungee jump at the O2 Arena in Greenwich, London, in aid of the “Help Reece Walk” appeal.
Three-year-old Reece is one of twins born 12 weeks premature at Basildon Hospital in 2009.
Tragically, Reece’s brother, Marcus, died after a desperate fight for life and the lack of oxygen left Reece with a brain injury resulting in Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy.
Now, the operation in the US could which could help the toddler walk independently for the first time in his life.
Danni said “This is a fantastic opportunity to help raise the profile of Reece’s appeal and help generate support for this vital campaign.
- 1 Primark confirms 'incident' involving baby in Romford store
- 2 Man murdered two armed teenage boys who had been chasing him, court told
- 3 Plans submitted for 'new housing development' in Hornchurch
- 4 Romford sexual abuse victim feels 'truly alone' after paedophile given suspended sentence
- 5 Free giveaway: Bereaved Hornchurch man to distribute new invention created while wife was terminally ill
- 6 Fire which destroys Rainham flat 'caused by laptop'
- 7 Roads reopen and residents return home after A127 Upminster crash into gas main
- 8 Man suffers 'life-threatening' injuries after vehicle hits gas main on A127
- 9 Application to build eight five-bed chalet bungalows in Havering-atte-Bower
- 10 Application to build brain injury clinic and nine 'affordable' homes in Upminster
“Reece and his family need a lot of help and when I heard about the bungee challenge I jumped at the chance to get on board and take part.”
The sponsored bungee event was set up by former Big Brother housemate Tashie Jackson and Caudwell Children, as part of Reality Relief, which aims to help reality TV use their fame for good causes.
Reece’s mum Laura said “We have been overwhelmed by the support we have received and can’t thank Danni, Tashie, and the other celebrities enough; we are so grateful that they have chosen to support our appeal.”
To support the Help Reece Walk Appeal, please visit www.justgiving.com/DanniMannix or text “DANI92 �5” to 70070.