Romford Pictures: Wellgate Farm
- Credit: Archant
A pre-school had some special furry visitors last week including a goat, rabbits, ducks and chickens.
Youngsters from Marlborough Pre-School, in Cranham, had a chance to meet animals from Wellgate Farm on Friday to learn more about animal sounds.
Staff set up the mobile farm in the Cranham Community Centre, where the pre-school is based, and talked about the animals, allowed the children, aged three to five, to handle and feed them.
Eileen Beasley, from the pre-school, said: “It was lovely; the children had a good time as they were able to get close and feed the animals.
“Parents keep coming in to let us know how much their children are talking about it.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone had a lovely morning and the children thoroughly enjoyed themselves.” She added that other pre-schools should be inspired to run similar events as it helps young children get excited about learning.
See more pictures in our gallery Romford Pictures: Wellgate Farm.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 10 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected