Romford Pictures: Wellgate Farm
- Credit: Archant
A pre-school had some special furry visitors last week including a goat, rabbits, ducks and chickens.
Youngsters from Marlborough Pre-School, in Cranham, had a chance to meet animals from Wellgate Farm on Friday to learn more about animal sounds.
Staff set up the mobile farm in the Cranham Community Centre, where the pre-school is based, and talked about the animals, allowed the children, aged three to five, to handle and feed them.
Eileen Beasley, from the pre-school, said: “It was lovely; the children had a good time as they were able to get close and feed the animals.
“Parents keep coming in to let us know how much their children are talking about it.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone had a lovely morning and the children thoroughly enjoyed themselves.” She added that other pre-schools should be inspired to run similar events as it helps young children get excited about learning.
See more pictures in our gallery Romford Pictures: Wellgate Farm.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 5 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 6 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 7 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 8 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 9 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused
- 10 Romford church to offer new debt support scheme