Romford Pictures: Havering students to grace exhibition alongside Hockney and Freud
- Credit: Archant
Work by some of the 20th century’s greatest artists will go on show in an exhibition organised by a Havering College lecturer.
Fine art teacher and well-renowned painter Chris Stevens has put together the display featuring images by David Hockney, Lucian Freud and Francis Bacon alongside his own work and that of two former Havering College students.
The exhibition, entitled REALITY: Modern and Contemporary British Painting, opens at the University of East Anglia’s Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts, in Norwich, on September 24.
Brothers Sam, 37, and Luke Jackson, 33, studied at the Ardleigh Green Road college in the 90s, going on to have successful art careers.
Sam said: “It was great news when Chris contacted us and said he wanted to include us in this exhibition.”
You may also want to watch:
Luke was “shocked” to find out he’d be displayed alongside such famous artists. “It is an honour to be in the company of great artists, such as Francis Bacon, who was such an influence on both of us,” he said.
The show will run until March 1 2015. Details at scva.ac.uk.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 6 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 9 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 10 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens