Romford Pictures: Havering students to grace exhibition alongside Hockney and Freud
- Credit: Archant
Work by some of the 20th century’s greatest artists will go on show in an exhibition organised by a Havering College lecturer.
Fine art teacher and well-renowned painter Chris Stevens has put together the display featuring images by David Hockney, Lucian Freud and Francis Bacon alongside his own work and that of two former Havering College students.
The exhibition, entitled REALITY: Modern and Contemporary British Painting, opens at the University of East Anglia’s Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts, in Norwich, on September 24.
Brothers Sam, 37, and Luke Jackson, 33, studied at the Ardleigh Green Road college in the 90s, going on to have successful art careers.
Sam said: “It was great news when Chris contacted us and said he wanted to include us in this exhibition.”
You may also want to watch:
Luke was “shocked” to find out he’d be displayed alongside such famous artists. “It is an honour to be in the company of great artists, such as Francis Bacon, who was such an influence on both of us,” he said.
The show will run until March 1 2015. Details at scva.ac.uk.
- 1 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 4 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 5 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 6 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 7 Men fined following New Year's Eve rave in Brentwood
- 8 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 9 'My girls aren't sleeping': Harold Hill family searching for Pog the dog
- 10 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted