Romford Pictures: Havering students to grace exhibition alongside Hockney and Freud
- Credit: Archant
Work by some of the 20th century’s greatest artists will go on show in an exhibition organised by a Havering College lecturer.
Fine art teacher and well-renowned painter Chris Stevens has put together the display featuring images by David Hockney, Lucian Freud and Francis Bacon alongside his own work and that of two former Havering College students.
The exhibition, entitled REALITY: Modern and Contemporary British Painting, opens at the University of East Anglia’s Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts, in Norwich, on September 24.
Brothers Sam, 37, and Luke Jackson, 33, studied at the Ardleigh Green Road college in the 90s, going on to have successful art careers.
Sam said: “It was great news when Chris contacted us and said he wanted to include us in this exhibition.”
Luke was “shocked” to find out he’d be displayed alongside such famous artists. “It is an honour to be in the company of great artists, such as Francis Bacon, who was such an influence on both of us,” he said.
The show will run until March 1 2015. Details at scva.ac.uk.
- 1 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 2 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 3 TOWIE stars and West Ham footballer attend Upminster health centre's launch
- 4 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 5 'Dangerous' congestion: Harold Wood school's bid to ease 'highway safety issue' with new access gate
- 6 'It felt like a dream': Upminster headteacher attends Queen's Garden Party
- 7 Romford SEND academy asks to change timber cladding for durable alternative
- 8 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 9 TfL confirms plan to 'strengthen' Gallows Corner flyover 'for many generations to come'
- 10 Gallows Corner Tesco: Decision on appeal expected following hearing about 87-home development