Romford Pictures: Havering College art students’ end of year exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Budding art students have been showing off their work at an end of year exhibition at Havering College.
The annual show, featuring hundreds of artworks in a range of creative disciplines, started on Tuesday and finished on Friday (June 20).
The exhibition included pieces from further and higher education courses at the college.
See picture gallery to the right.
Graphic design course curriculum manager Tony Branch, whose students’ work forms part of the display, said: “It’s been extremely well attended.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a really good showcase for the various areas of the creative arts.
“It’s very diverse, from music and performing arts through to media, to art and design.”
- 1 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 2 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 3 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 4 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 5 Fundraiser launched for £1,500 to buy Elm Park defibrillator
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 8 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 9 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
- 10 Havering pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
As well as giving family and friends a chance to view their work, Tony said examiners had also been visiting the college to assess the entries.
“It’s really nice for the students’ families to get the opportunity to see their work at the end of the year,” he said.
While some will be returning next year, many of the artists featured in the exhibition will be heading off to university or into employment next year.
The exhibition took place at the Centre of Creative Arts at the college’s Ardleigh Green Campus in Hornchurch.