Romford Pictures: Havering College art students’ end of year exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Budding art students have been showing off their work at an end of year exhibition at Havering College.
The annual show, featuring hundreds of artworks in a range of creative disciplines, started on Tuesday and finished on Friday (June 20).
The exhibition included pieces from further and higher education courses at the college.
See picture gallery to the right.
Graphic design course curriculum manager Tony Branch, whose students’ work forms part of the display, said: “It’s been extremely well attended.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a really good showcase for the various areas of the creative arts.
“It’s very diverse, from music and performing arts through to media, to art and design.”
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 5 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 6 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 7 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 8 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 9 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 10 Testing site for people without Covid symptoms opens in Elm Park
As well as giving family and friends a chance to view their work, Tony said examiners had also been visiting the college to assess the entries.
“It’s really nice for the students’ families to get the opportunity to see their work at the end of the year,” he said.
While some will be returning next year, many of the artists featured in the exhibition will be heading off to university or into employment next year.
The exhibition took place at the Centre of Creative Arts at the college’s Ardleigh Green Campus in Hornchurch.