Romford Pictures: Havering College art students’ end of year exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Budding art students have been showing off their work at an end of year exhibition at Havering College.
The annual show, featuring hundreds of artworks in a range of creative disciplines, started on Tuesday and finished on Friday (June 20).
The exhibition included pieces from further and higher education courses at the college.
See picture gallery to the right.
Graphic design course curriculum manager Tony Branch, whose students’ work forms part of the display, said: “It’s been extremely well attended.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a really good showcase for the various areas of the creative arts.
“It’s very diverse, from music and performing arts through to media, to art and design.”
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 7 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 8 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused
As well as giving family and friends a chance to view their work, Tony said examiners had also been visiting the college to assess the entries.
“It’s really nice for the students’ families to get the opportunity to see their work at the end of the year,” he said.
While some will be returning next year, many of the artists featured in the exhibition will be heading off to university or into employment next year.
The exhibition took place at the Centre of Creative Arts at the college’s Ardleigh Green Campus in Hornchurch.