Romford girls school wins borough-wide dance festival
- Credit: Archant
A girls’ dance group has won a borough-wide dance festival.
The 37-strong team from Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls won the junior and senior sections at the 2013 Havering Borough Dance Festival.
They competed against seven other teams in the borough to take the title.
Rea Slough, head of dance at the school, said: “All the girls involved in dance at Frances Bardsley are extremely dedicated and are to be congratulated for their tremendous efforts.
“The performers and choreographers have made us very proud - what a wonderful, well-deserved result!”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “The professionalism of the students and the high quality of each performance left quite an impression on the spectators and the dancers are now looking forward to performing for the audiences at the dance festival for primary schools this week.”
- 1 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 2 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 5 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 6 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
- 7 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 8 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 9 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 10 Pressure on to preserve Upminster trees as council receives almost 200 messages