Romford girls school wins borough-wide dance festival
- Credit: Archant
A girls’ dance group has won a borough-wide dance festival.
The 37-strong team from Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls won the junior and senior sections at the 2013 Havering Borough Dance Festival.
They competed against seven other teams in the borough to take the title.
Rea Slough, head of dance at the school, said: “All the girls involved in dance at Frances Bardsley are extremely dedicated and are to be congratulated for their tremendous efforts.
“The performers and choreographers have made us very proud - what a wonderful, well-deserved result!”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “The professionalism of the students and the high quality of each performance left quite an impression on the spectators and the dancers are now looking forward to performing for the audiences at the dance festival for primary schools this week.”
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 3 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 6 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 7 Elm Park pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 Five-year-old Ezra cycles 500km for charity
- 9 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 10 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen