Romford girls school wins borough-wide dance festival
- Credit: Archant
A girls’ dance group has won a borough-wide dance festival.
The 37-strong team from Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls won the junior and senior sections at the 2013 Havering Borough Dance Festival.
They competed against seven other teams in the borough to take the title.
Rea Slough, head of dance at the school, said: “All the girls involved in dance at Frances Bardsley are extremely dedicated and are to be congratulated for their tremendous efforts.
“The performers and choreographers have made us very proud - what a wonderful, well-deserved result!”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “The professionalism of the students and the high quality of each performance left quite an impression on the spectators and the dancers are now looking forward to performing for the audiences at the dance festival for primary schools this week.”
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 7 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 8 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused