Romford fashion show: Return of the 80s
FLUORESCENT make-up, glow-in-the-dark jewellery and big hair – it could only be a trip back to the 1980s for an annual college fashion show.
Hairdressing and make-up students took their inspiration from the clothes and fashion of the 1980s at the Redbridge College 80s Revival Show in Barley Lane, Little Heath, last week.
More than 40 models took to the catwalk to music from Madonna to Michael Jackson.
They were watched by industry experts, including director of London salon Daniel Galvin.
The evening was part of an assessment for those on the level three hairdressing course, and students were also competing for the top prize.
You may also want to watch:
The winner was Adelina Lala, 26, from Ilford, who took inspiration from hairdresser Patrick Cameron.
Stephen Nurse, director of operations at Daniel Galvin, said: “The effort and skill level was outstanding and everyone should feel really proud. Adelina’s hairstyle was on point, perfectly executed and definitely something I could easily see in Vogue magazine.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 9 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 10 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
“I would love to come back to the college soon with my team and work with the students.”
Other judges on the panel included Steve Faulkner, from industry supplies retailer Capital Hair & Beauty and VTCT external verifier Keith Salter.
The college raised �300 for Whizz Kidz, its charity of the year, through entry and raffle ticket sales.