Raphael School pupils raise cash for Mark McCarthy Magic Moments cancer charity
Pupils from a Hornchurch primary raised cash - and their heartrates - all for a local cancer cause.
The day of fundraising at Raphael Independent School, in Park Lane, saw youngsters skipping and running relay races for the Mark McCarthy Magic Moments, which provides special days out for the sick and their families.
Pupils also organised and ran stalls and games during the Monday event - raising an impressive total of �1,150.
Headteacher Jackie Lawrence said: “Representatives of the charity visited the school in the afternoon and were overwhelmed with the efforts of the children.
“We are all very proud of our younger pupils who have worked so hard to raise such a wonderful sum of money. Our senior pupils have also raised more than �200 and have further events planned, so we hope to reach the �1500 mark to help such a worthwhile cause.
You may also want to watch:
“It is so important for the children to develop a sense of community spirit, and that is something which the pupils here at Raphael have in abundance!”
- 1 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 2 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 3 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 4 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 5 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 6 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 7 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 8 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 9 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks