Raphael School pupils raise cash for Mark McCarthy Magic Moments cancer charity
Pupils from a Hornchurch primary raised cash - and their heartrates - all for a local cancer cause.
The day of fundraising at Raphael Independent School, in Park Lane, saw youngsters skipping and running relay races for the Mark McCarthy Magic Moments, which provides special days out for the sick and their families.
Pupils also organised and ran stalls and games during the Monday event - raising an impressive total of �1,150.
Headteacher Jackie Lawrence said: “Representatives of the charity visited the school in the afternoon and were overwhelmed with the efforts of the children.
“We are all very proud of our younger pupils who have worked so hard to raise such a wonderful sum of money. Our senior pupils have also raised more than �200 and have further events planned, so we hope to reach the �1500 mark to help such a worthwhile cause.
You may also want to watch:
“It is so important for the children to develop a sense of community spirit, and that is something which the pupils here at Raphael have in abundance!”
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 6 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 7 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 8 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused