Raphael School pupils raise cash for Mark McCarthy Magic Moments cancer charity
Pupils from a Hornchurch primary raised cash - and their heartrates - all for a local cancer cause.
The day of fundraising at Raphael Independent School, in Park Lane, saw youngsters skipping and running relay races for the Mark McCarthy Magic Moments, which provides special days out for the sick and their families.
Pupils also organised and ran stalls and games during the Monday event - raising an impressive total of �1,150.
Headteacher Jackie Lawrence said: “Representatives of the charity visited the school in the afternoon and were overwhelmed with the efforts of the children.
“We are all very proud of our younger pupils who have worked so hard to raise such a wonderful sum of money. Our senior pupils have also raised more than �200 and have further events planned, so we hope to reach the �1500 mark to help such a worthwhile cause.
You may also want to watch:
“It is so important for the children to develop a sense of community spirit, and that is something which the pupils here at Raphael have in abundance!”
- 1 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 2 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 3 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 4 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
- 5 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 6 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 7 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 8 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 9 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 10 Brookside Theatre appeals for help repairing windows