Rainham’s Chafford School headteacher resigns after five years
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of a secondary school who stepped down on Friday said he was “proud” to have seen the school progress.
In his resignation letter sent to staff and parents, the headteacher of The Chafford School Gary Pratt said he was leaving the school in Lambs Lane South, Rainham, to pursue his career “in other areas of education”.
“During my five years as headteacher, I have been extremely honoured to have worked with such a dedicated and committed staff and proud to have seen the school progress in many different ways.
“The Chafford School has, for me, been a fantastic place to be during my time there. I leave with very fond memories and feel very privileged to have worked with such a great group of people and a community that is proud of the work of its school,” he said.
Last year, an Ofsted inspection concluded the school “required improvement” in all categories, including leadership and management, behaviour and safety of pupils, quality of teaching and achievement of pupils.
You may also want to watch:
In September, the school will be taken over by the academy chain Harris Federation to become the Harris Academy Rainham.
Mr Pratt added: “There is still more work to be done and I leave the school in the capable hands of the Harris Federation who, I have no doubt, will ensure that the school becomes a truly outstanding school in the future.”
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 7 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 8 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
Would you like to get in touch with the Recorder? Email firstname.lastname@example.org