Rainham’s Chafford School headteacher resigns after five years
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of a secondary school who stepped down on Friday said he was “proud” to have seen the school progress.
In his resignation letter sent to staff and parents, the headteacher of The Chafford School Gary Pratt said he was leaving the school in Lambs Lane South, Rainham, to pursue his career “in other areas of education”.
“During my five years as headteacher, I have been extremely honoured to have worked with such a dedicated and committed staff and proud to have seen the school progress in many different ways.
“The Chafford School has, for me, been a fantastic place to be during my time there. I leave with very fond memories and feel very privileged to have worked with such a great group of people and a community that is proud of the work of its school,” he said.
Last year, an Ofsted inspection concluded the school “required improvement” in all categories, including leadership and management, behaviour and safety of pupils, quality of teaching and achievement of pupils.
In September, the school will be taken over by the academy chain Harris Federation to become the Harris Academy Rainham.
Mr Pratt added: “There is still more work to be done and I leave the school in the capable hands of the Harris Federation who, I have no doubt, will ensure that the school becomes a truly outstanding school in the future.”
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 3 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 4 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 5 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 6 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 7 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 8 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid
- 9 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement
- 10 'Abused, slapped and spat at': New Romford shopping centre tells of racist abuse suffered by staff
Would you like to get in touch with the Recorder? Email email@example.com