Rainham’s Chafford School headteacher resigns after five years
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of a secondary school who stepped down on Friday said he was “proud” to have seen the school progress.
In his resignation letter sent to staff and parents, the headteacher of The Chafford School Gary Pratt said he was leaving the school in Lambs Lane South, Rainham, to pursue his career “in other areas of education”.
“During my five years as headteacher, I have been extremely honoured to have worked with such a dedicated and committed staff and proud to have seen the school progress in many different ways.
“The Chafford School has, for me, been a fantastic place to be during my time there. I leave with very fond memories and feel very privileged to have worked with such a great group of people and a community that is proud of the work of its school,” he said.
Last year, an Ofsted inspection concluded the school “required improvement” in all categories, including leadership and management, behaviour and safety of pupils, quality of teaching and achievement of pupils.
You may also want to watch:
In September, the school will be taken over by the academy chain Harris Federation to become the Harris Academy Rainham.
Mr Pratt added: “There is still more work to be done and I leave the school in the capable hands of the Harris Federation who, I have no doubt, will ensure that the school becomes a truly outstanding school in the future.”
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 4 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 5 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 6 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 7 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 8 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 9 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
Would you like to get in touch with the Recorder? Email email@example.com