Rainham’s Chafford School headteacher resigns after five years
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of a secondary school who stepped down on Friday said he was “proud” to have seen the school progress.
In his resignation letter sent to staff and parents, the headteacher of The Chafford School Gary Pratt said he was leaving the school in Lambs Lane South, Rainham, to pursue his career “in other areas of education”.
“During my five years as headteacher, I have been extremely honoured to have worked with such a dedicated and committed staff and proud to have seen the school progress in many different ways.
“The Chafford School has, for me, been a fantastic place to be during my time there. I leave with very fond memories and feel very privileged to have worked with such a great group of people and a community that is proud of the work of its school,” he said.
Last year, an Ofsted inspection concluded the school “required improvement” in all categories, including leadership and management, behaviour and safety of pupils, quality of teaching and achievement of pupils.
In September, the school will be taken over by the academy chain Harris Federation to become the Harris Academy Rainham.
Mr Pratt added: “There is still more work to be done and I leave the school in the capable hands of the Harris Federation who, I have no doubt, will ensure that the school becomes a truly outstanding school in the future.”
- 1 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 2 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 3 Proposal to demolish Hornchurch bungalow to build four-bed house
- 4 TfL confirms plan to 'strengthen' Gallows Corner flyover 'for many generations to come'
- 5 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 6 Town Hall cleaner feels 'failed' as he remains homeless for third month
- 7 'When it’s hot, it’s a sauna’: Residents rally against scaffolding on Romford apartment building
- 8 Hornchurch medical centre temporarily shut after legionella bacteria found
- 9 Dispersal order enforced in Elm Park amid antisocial behaviour concerns
- 10 'Wall is going to give': Leaky shower wreaks havoc in Harold Hill home as family await further repairs
Would you like to get in touch with the Recorder? Email email@example.com