Rainham MP’s Christmas card competition another success
Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas held his annual Christmas Card Competition this year.
Prizes were given to students at an event in Dagenham recently.
The overall winner, selected by Jon out of thousands of entries was a card created by Molly Curling, 10, from St Albans Catholic Primary School in South Hornchurch.
Molly received several prizes including a Kindle Fire, along with two tickets to any West Ham home game of her choice, Argos vouchers and a gift bag.
Mr Cruddas said: “It’s been another fantastic turnout; with more sleepless nights for me!
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been hard pressed to choose the winners this year as there were so many great cards. For the second year running now I’ve been up all night, surrounded by Christmas cards.
“The turnout this year was outstanding which makes it all worth it. So many schools have taken part and it’s encouraging to see local businesses businesses supporting them.”
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell