Rainham MP’s Christmas card competition another success
Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas held his annual Christmas Card Competition this year.
Prizes were given to students at an event in Dagenham recently.
The overall winner, selected by Jon out of thousands of entries was a card created by Molly Curling, 10, from St Albans Catholic Primary School in South Hornchurch.
Molly received several prizes including a Kindle Fire, along with two tickets to any West Ham home game of her choice, Argos vouchers and a gift bag.
Mr Cruddas said: “It’s been another fantastic turnout; with more sleepless nights for me!
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been hard pressed to choose the winners this year as there were so many great cards. For the second year running now I’ve been up all night, surrounded by Christmas cards.
“The turnout this year was outstanding which makes it all worth it. So many schools have taken part and it’s encouraging to see local businesses businesses supporting them.”
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 5 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 6 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 7 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 8 Sewage floods home of family with one-day-old newborn after heavy rain
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Drains in area repeatedly flooded to be next inspected during bad weather