Rainham MP’s Christmas card competition another success
Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas held his annual Christmas Card Competition this year.
Prizes were given to students at an event in Dagenham recently.
The overall winner, selected by Jon out of thousands of entries was a card created by Molly Curling, 10, from St Albans Catholic Primary School in South Hornchurch.
Molly received several prizes including a Kindle Fire, along with two tickets to any West Ham home game of her choice, Argos vouchers and a gift bag.
Mr Cruddas said: “It’s been another fantastic turnout; with more sleepless nights for me!
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been hard pressed to choose the winners this year as there were so many great cards. For the second year running now I’ve been up all night, surrounded by Christmas cards.
“The turnout this year was outstanding which makes it all worth it. So many schools have taken part and it’s encouraging to see local businesses businesses supporting them.”
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 8 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week