Rainham MP’s Christmas card competition another success
Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas held his annual Christmas Card Competition this year.
Prizes were given to students at an event in Dagenham recently.
The overall winner, selected by Jon out of thousands of entries was a card created by Molly Curling, 10, from St Albans Catholic Primary School in South Hornchurch.
Molly received several prizes including a Kindle Fire, along with two tickets to any West Ham home game of her choice, Argos vouchers and a gift bag.
Mr Cruddas said: “It’s been another fantastic turnout; with more sleepless nights for me!
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been hard pressed to choose the winners this year as there were so many great cards. For the second year running now I’ve been up all night, surrounded by Christmas cards.
“The turnout this year was outstanding which makes it all worth it. So many schools have taken part and it’s encouraging to see local businesses businesses supporting them.”
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 5 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 Polling places review underway ahead of 2022 ward increase
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford