Rainclouds go away at Hornchurch nursery so that teddy bears can enjoy their picnic
�Youngsters and their favourite teddies were treated to a special lunch.
Kid Ease Nursery in St George’s Hospital in Suttons Lane, Hornchurch held a teddy bears’ picnic on Wednesday.
Nursery manager Emily Hassell said: “The day went really well.
“The children had a fantastic time, everyone got involved and the weather held out for us.”
The event saw youngsters, aged one to four bringing in their favourite teddies in a range of different shapes and sizes.
The event raised around �100 for charity Action Medical Research, where it will be used to help babies and children.
- 1 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Aklu Plaza submits plans to convert third floor into banqueting suite
- 4 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 5 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
- 6 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 8 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 9 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 10 Rainham councillors publish 'plan B' for Beam Park transport links
Emily said: “The staff also brought in their teddies and the children were really happy to see them taking part in the day.”