Rainclouds go away at Hornchurch nursery so that teddy bears can enjoy their picnic
�Youngsters and their favourite teddies were treated to a special lunch.
Kid Ease Nursery in St George’s Hospital in Suttons Lane, Hornchurch held a teddy bears’ picnic on Wednesday.
Nursery manager Emily Hassell said: “The day went really well.
“The children had a fantastic time, everyone got involved and the weather held out for us.”
The event saw youngsters, aged one to four bringing in their favourite teddies in a range of different shapes and sizes.
The event raised around �100 for charity Action Medical Research, where it will be used to help babies and children.
- 1 Man in critical condition after 'deliberate' hit and run in Hornchurch
- 2 Man suffers 'life-threatening' injuries after vehicle hits gas main on A127
- 3 Plans submitted for 'new housing development' in Hornchurch
- 4 Council to inspect 'dangerous' space outside Upminster homes
- 5 Owner calls support for new Gidea Park pizzeria 'overwhelming'
- 6 3 Romford arrests in modern slavery, cannabis and money laundering probe
- 7 Councillor leaves HRA group on council over Labour agreement
- 8 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 9 ‘Lawless’: Further issues raised with state and maintenance of Romford car park
- 10 Permission granted for streetlights along footpath to hospital
Emily said: “The staff also brought in their teddies and the children were really happy to see them taking part in the day.”