Queen’s Theatre, Hornchurch, receives Rags’ Autism Awareness Award 2018
- Credit: Archant
A Hornchurch theatre has received a special award for backing a small charity that supports families with autism.
Queen’s Theatre in Billet Lane, Hornchurch housed an arts exhibition by Romford Autistic Group Support, (Rags) for Autism Awareness Month in April.
This year, Rags presented their Autism Awareness Award to the Queen’s Theatre on Saturday, April 28, for its continued support to Rags over the years.
Speaking on behalf of Rags, Jackie Perryman said: “The art exhibition has been held regularly almost every year at the Queen’s Theatre.
“It is a very valuable event to us and all helps to raise awareness of autism within our community.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibit featured art created by adults and young people with autism.
“The theatre has been most generous in offering our families seats at their pantomime and also providing autism-friendly performances to families who would normally avoid this type of activity,” Jackie added.
- 1 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open
- 2 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 3 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 4 Rainham school 'taking effective action' to improve after inadequate rating
- 5 Consultation begins on plans for multi-million pound health centre
- 6 Plans submitted for Rainham Lidl
- 7 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen
- 8 Romford mum's success setting up children's clothing business amid pandemic
- 9 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 10 Brookside Theatre appeals for help repairing windows