Queen’s Theatre, Hornchurch, receives Rags’ Autism Awareness Award 2018
- Credit: Archant
A Hornchurch theatre has received a special award for backing a small charity that supports families with autism.
Queen’s Theatre in Billet Lane, Hornchurch housed an arts exhibition by Romford Autistic Group Support, (Rags) for Autism Awareness Month in April.
This year, Rags presented their Autism Awareness Award to the Queen’s Theatre on Saturday, April 28, for its continued support to Rags over the years.
Speaking on behalf of Rags, Jackie Perryman said: “The art exhibition has been held regularly almost every year at the Queen’s Theatre.
“It is a very valuable event to us and all helps to raise awareness of autism within our community.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibit featured art created by adults and young people with autism.
“The theatre has been most generous in offering our families seats at their pantomime and also providing autism-friendly performances to families who would normally avoid this type of activity,” Jackie added.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 10 Harold Wood primary school collaborates with West Ham on wellbeing garden project