Queen’s Theatre, Hornchurch, receives Rags’ Autism Awareness Award 2018
- Credit: Archant
A Hornchurch theatre has received a special award for backing a small charity that supports families with autism.
Queen’s Theatre in Billet Lane, Hornchurch housed an arts exhibition by Romford Autistic Group Support, (Rags) for Autism Awareness Month in April.
This year, Rags presented their Autism Awareness Award to the Queen’s Theatre on Saturday, April 28, for its continued support to Rags over the years.
Speaking on behalf of Rags, Jackie Perryman said: “The art exhibition has been held regularly almost every year at the Queen’s Theatre.
“It is a very valuable event to us and all helps to raise awareness of autism within our community.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibit featured art created by adults and young people with autism.
“The theatre has been most generous in offering our families seats at their pantomime and also providing autism-friendly performances to families who would normally avoid this type of activity,” Jackie added.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 6 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 7 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 9 Get clued up on road and train disruptions coming to the area
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend