Proposal to build primary school on Rainham and Beam Park development to be submitted
- Credit: Archant
A proposal to build a primary school hoped to become the “heart of the community” as part of a new development, will be submitted by the end of the month.
The Diocese of Chelmsford Vine Schools Trust has outlined its plan to build Beam Park Church of England Primary School on the site of the former Ford factory plant in Rainham.
The proposal is coinciding with the Rainham and Beam Park development which will transform the industrial area along New Road with 3,500 new homes, a train station, leisure facilities, a health centre and a school.
David Noble, representative of Vine Schools Trust, said: “The idea for the school came about because of the redevelopment of the area as when young families do eventually move onto the site, their children will need somewhere to go for their education. “It will be close to the new homes so they will not have to travel too far.”
The three-form entry school will provide 630 places for pupils aged four-11 when full as well as a nursery for two-four-year-olds and a dedicated unit with specialist for children with communication and interaction needs.
The school’s website says that it will “offer the best educational experience within a highly supportive and Christian ethos, welcoming families and children of all faiths and none and of all backgrounds and abilities”.
David said: “The school will have to be the heart of the community and become an important part of the new site rather than just a building solely for education.”
- 1 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 2 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 3 TOWIE stars and West Ham footballer attend Upminster health centre's launch
- 4 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 5 'Dangerous' congestion: Harold Wood school's bid to ease 'highway safety issue' with new access gate
- 6 Romford SEND academy asks to change timber cladding for durable alternative
- 7 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 8 'It felt like a dream': Upminster headteacher attends Queen's Garden Party
- 9 Gallows Corner Tesco: Decision on appeal expected following hearing about 87-home development
- 10 TfL confirms plan to 'strengthen' Gallows Corner flyover 'for many generations to come'
The planning application will be submitted by the end of the month to the Department for Education.
For more information on Beam Park Church of England Primary School, visit beamparkcofeprimaryschool.org