Proposal to build primary school on Rainham and Beam Park development to be submitted
- Credit: Archant
A proposal to build a primary school hoped to become the “heart of the community” as part of a new development, will be submitted by the end of the month.
The Diocese of Chelmsford Vine Schools Trust has outlined its plan to build Beam Park Church of England Primary School on the site of the former Ford factory plant in Rainham.
The proposal is coinciding with the Rainham and Beam Park development which will transform the industrial area along New Road with 3,500 new homes, a train station, leisure facilities, a health centre and a school.
David Noble, representative of Vine Schools Trust, said: “The idea for the school came about because of the redevelopment of the area as when young families do eventually move onto the site, their children will need somewhere to go for their education. “It will be close to the new homes so they will not have to travel too far.”
The three-form entry school will provide 630 places for pupils aged four-11 when full as well as a nursery for two-four-year-olds and a dedicated unit with specialist for children with communication and interaction needs.
The school’s website says that it will “offer the best educational experience within a highly supportive and Christian ethos, welcoming families and children of all faiths and none and of all backgrounds and abilities”.
David said: “The school will have to be the heart of the community and become an important part of the new site rather than just a building solely for education.”
- 1 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 2 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 3 Heritage: How Gallows Corner got its sinister name
- 4 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
- 5 Hanukkah 2021: Five ways to celebrate in east London
- 6 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 7 How The Apprentice's Thomas Skinner pivoted his business to weather Covid
- 8 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 9 Free parking to 'boost Havering's high streets' for Christmas season
- 10 Restrictions tightened as Omicron detected in Brentwood
The planning application will be submitted by the end of the month to the Department for Education.
For more information on Beam Park Church of England Primary School, visit beamparkcofeprimaryschool.org