Proposal to build primary school on Rainham and Beam Park development to be submitted
- Credit: Archant
A proposal to build a primary school hoped to become the “heart of the community” as part of a new development, will be submitted by the end of the month.
The Diocese of Chelmsford Vine Schools Trust has outlined its plan to build Beam Park Church of England Primary School on the site of the former Ford factory plant in Rainham.
The proposal is coinciding with the Rainham and Beam Park development which will transform the industrial area along New Road with 3,500 new homes, a train station, leisure facilities, a health centre and a school.
David Noble, representative of Vine Schools Trust, said: “The idea for the school came about because of the redevelopment of the area as when young families do eventually move onto the site, their children will need somewhere to go for their education. “It will be close to the new homes so they will not have to travel too far.”
The three-form entry school will provide 630 places for pupils aged four-11 when full as well as a nursery for two-four-year-olds and a dedicated unit with specialist for children with communication and interaction needs.
You may also want to watch:
The school’s website says that it will “offer the best educational experience within a highly supportive and Christian ethos, welcoming families and children of all faiths and none and of all backgrounds and abilities”.
David said: “The school will have to be the heart of the community and become an important part of the new site rather than just a building solely for education.”
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
The planning application will be submitted by the end of the month to the Department for Education.
For more information on Beam Park Church of England Primary School, visit beamparkcofeprimaryschool.org