Open day at Hornchurch school wows potential new students
- Credit: Archant
Children were given a glimpse of their future at the weekend when they visited the fun-filled activity open day at Sanders School in Suttons Lane, Hornchurch.
Pupils in Years 4 and 5 from surrounding schools visited Sanders to take part in interesting workshops while their parents learned how to support their children with numeracy and e-safety.
The children got stuck in with building and racing a balloon buggy, investigating with Sanders CSI Forensics and cooking as people did in the Second World War.
Year 7 pupil, Dhruv Patel, joined the headteacher and head boy and girl on stage to speak to the visitors and helped others lead tours through the school.
A Year 4 pupil who joined in the fun, Phoebe Hughes, had a brilliant day.
You may also want to watch:
Her mum, Kim, said: “She had a fantastic time and we think this open day is such a great idea – other schools should certainly think about doing the same thing.
“The tour was very informative and the school showed the pupils were the best assets and development of each child is a priority, irrespective of academic achievement”
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 9 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
Headteacher, Ian McEachern, said: “The staff and students at Sanders really enjoy putting on these mornings for children in primary schools.
“They are always fun and enjoyable for everyone, including parents and carers who are able to find out more about our school as well as learn useful information such as e-safety.
“I am extremely pleased that all students that came enjoyed their experience at Sanders and we look forward to welcoming them for future open mornings.”