Olympic recognition for Rainham primary school
A Rainham primary school is celebrating after being welcomed into a special Olympic community.
The London’s 2012’s Get Set network recognises Newtons Primary School’s commitments to the Olympic and Paralympic values of friendship, excellence, respect, inspiration, courage, determination and equality.
Pupils and teachers at the school, Lowen Road, were awarded by the London Organising Committee with a plaque and certificate acknowledging their involvement in the education programme.
Lynn Lowe, headteacher at Newtons, said: “Newtons’ Motto ‘Together we reach for our personal best’ embraces many of the Olympic and Paralympic values. We will be doing our best to showcase these during the coming year.”
Newtons has joined others schools and colleges across the country who are members of the special London 2012 community and will receive access to exclusive competitions and 2012 Games related opportunities over the coming years.
You may also want to watch:
The plaque and certificate were presented by Cllr Andrew Curtin who added: “Pupils at Newtons are excellent examples of how London 2012 is helping to spark young people’s imagination and inspiring them to get involved and make a difference.’’
Sebastian Coe, LOGOC chairman said: “I am proud to welcome Newtons into the Get Set network for their exciting work around the Olympic Values of friendship, excellence and respect and the Paralympic Values of inspiration, courage,
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 7 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 8 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
determination and equality.”