Havering college to launch new £15 million Rainham centre
- Credit: New City College
A college in Havering is set to launch its new £15 million Rainham centre at an invitation-only event.
A plaque will be unveiled at New City College’s (NCC) construction and engineering centre on Thursday, September 30.
Invitees will also enjoy a VIP tour of the new facilities.
NCC says there will be industry leaders, local MPs and dignitaries at the event, who will hear from NCC group principal and chief executive Gerry McDonald.
The new centre was funded by NCC and the Greater London Authority (GLA).
You may also want to watch:
Hundreds of construction industry students will be trained using the centre.
According to the college, the centre is a "significant enhancement" for training students for “highly-skilled jobs needed for a major period of regional development in Havering, east London and Thames Gateway area”.
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 4 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 5 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 6 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 7 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 8 Nurse pulls man from burning car after Romford crash
- 9 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 10 Covid-19 cases surge in Havering, latest figures reveal
Employers, business leaders and training providers who wish to take part in the launch can contact NCC deputy group director Steve Lee at email@example.com.