Havering college to launch new £15 million Rainham centre
- Credit: New City College
A college in Havering is set to launch its new £15 million Rainham centre at an invitation-only event.
A plaque will be unveiled at New City College’s (NCC) construction and engineering centre on Thursday, September 30.
Invitees will also enjoy a VIP tour of the new facilities.
NCC says there will be industry leaders, local MPs and dignitaries at the event, who will hear from NCC group principal and chief executive Gerry McDonald.
The new centre was funded by NCC and the Greater London Authority (GLA).
Hundreds of construction industry students will be trained using the centre.
According to the college, the centre is a "significant enhancement" for training students for “highly-skilled jobs needed for a major period of regional development in Havering, east London and Thames Gateway area”.
- 1 TfL confirms plan to 'strengthen' Gallows Corner flyover 'for many generations to come'
- 2 'When it’s hot, it’s a sauna’: Residents rally against scaffolding on Romford apartment building
- 3 Dispersal order enforced in Elm Park amid antisocial behaviour concerns
- 4 Hornchurch medical centre temporarily shut after legionella bacteria found
- 5 'Impasse': Deadline looms over Havering parties struggling to agree to coalition after election
- 6 Proposal to build six flats on former Collier Row petrol station
- 7 Teachers and other union members strike at Harold Hill school over restructure during cost-of-living crisis
- 8 Man charged with murder of 'loving father' from Romford
- 9 In pictures: See the adorable dogs who competed for show ribbons in Noak Hill
- 10 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
Employers, business leaders and training providers who wish to take part in the launch can contact NCC deputy group director Steve Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.