Romford is the biggest Lottery winner
Romford has been named the luckiest place to live in the UK by the National Lottery, with residents taking home an incredible �165million in big prizes.
There have been 84 jackpot winners, while more than 300 residents have banked a prize of �50K or more, it was revealed.
For the first time the stats have been calculated to include all Lotto prizes of �50k and over – not just jackpot wins.
And amazingly, figures show one in 1,238 Romford adults have now pocketed a big-win prize since the Lottery began in 1994.
North London’s Enfield came a close second, where one in 1,378 residents have taken home a major prize; followed by Dartford, in Kent, which boasts 223 major prizes celebrated by one in 1,391 of its inhabitants.
You may also want to watch:
However, it’s not just the southerners who have had Lady Luck on their side - the top ten also includes Newcastle, Sunderland, Liverpool and Warrington.
A National Lottery spokesman said: “This is the first time we have included prizes of �50,000 upwards, giving a true snapshot of where the luckiest players are based.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 9 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
“It’s fascinating to see that Essex still remains one of the luckiest counties to live where for many years Ilford has claimed a high percentage of jackpot prizes for its residents. Now Romford has picked up the winning streak – perhaps the only way really is Essex!
“In truth, with over 2,800 National Lottery millionaires now in the UK and an average of 24 lottery millionaires in each postcode, every part of the UK should consider themselves lucky.”
Are you a local big win Lottery winner? If so, why not tell us about your experinece on: 0208 477 3878