Romford is the biggest Lottery winner
Romford has been named the luckiest place to live in the UK by the National Lottery, with residents taking home an incredible �165million in big prizes.
There have been 84 jackpot winners, while more than 300 residents have banked a prize of �50K or more, it was revealed.
For the first time the stats have been calculated to include all Lotto prizes of �50k and over – not just jackpot wins.
And amazingly, figures show one in 1,238 Romford adults have now pocketed a big-win prize since the Lottery began in 1994.
North London’s Enfield came a close second, where one in 1,378 residents have taken home a major prize; followed by Dartford, in Kent, which boasts 223 major prizes celebrated by one in 1,391 of its inhabitants.
You may also want to watch:
However, it’s not just the southerners who have had Lady Luck on their side - the top ten also includes Newcastle, Sunderland, Liverpool and Warrington.
A National Lottery spokesman said: “This is the first time we have included prizes of �50,000 upwards, giving a true snapshot of where the luckiest players are based.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 8 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
“It’s fascinating to see that Essex still remains one of the luckiest counties to live where for many years Ilford has claimed a high percentage of jackpot prizes for its residents. Now Romford has picked up the winning streak – perhaps the only way really is Essex!
“In truth, with over 2,800 National Lottery millionaires now in the UK and an average of 24 lottery millionaires in each postcode, every part of the UK should consider themselves lucky.”
Are you a local big win Lottery winner? If so, why not tell us about your experinece on: 0208 477 3878