Romford is the biggest Lottery winner
Romford has been named the luckiest place to live in the UK by the National Lottery, with residents taking home an incredible �165million in big prizes.
There have been 84 jackpot winners, while more than 300 residents have banked a prize of �50K or more, it was revealed.
For the first time the stats have been calculated to include all Lotto prizes of �50k and over – not just jackpot wins.
And amazingly, figures show one in 1,238 Romford adults have now pocketed a big-win prize since the Lottery began in 1994.
North London’s Enfield came a close second, where one in 1,378 residents have taken home a major prize; followed by Dartford, in Kent, which boasts 223 major prizes celebrated by one in 1,391 of its inhabitants.
You may also want to watch:
However, it’s not just the southerners who have had Lady Luck on their side - the top ten also includes Newcastle, Sunderland, Liverpool and Warrington.
A National Lottery spokesman said: “This is the first time we have included prizes of �50,000 upwards, giving a true snapshot of where the luckiest players are based.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 7 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 8 Wanstead and Havering residents 'make noise' for proportional representation
- 9 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
“It’s fascinating to see that Essex still remains one of the luckiest counties to live where for many years Ilford has claimed a high percentage of jackpot prizes for its residents. Now Romford has picked up the winning streak – perhaps the only way really is Essex!
“In truth, with over 2,800 National Lottery millionaires now in the UK and an average of 24 lottery millionaires in each postcode, every part of the UK should consider themselves lucky.”
Are you a local big win Lottery winner? If so, why not tell us about your experinece on: 0208 477 3878