Music for Youth Festival day held at Coopers Company and Coborn School, Upminster
- Credit: Archant
More than 400 children took part in a special school music event.
The Coopers Company and Coborn School in St Mary’s Lane, Upminster, hosted a Music for Youth Festival.
Director of Music Jan Bristow organised the day which featured youngsters performing several different genres and styles of music performed by youngsters for ten minutes each.
It featured choirs, bands, orchestras, vocalists and jazz artists, with 11 schools in total taking part.
Mrs Bristow said: “It was a fantastic day. Having other local schools take part meant that friendships between communities could be refreshed and revisited.
People of all ages attended to watch and listen to the performances, with children from the lower years and older students from neighbouring schools supporting their gifted classmates.
She added: “It was a great time for the little ones.”
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 5 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 6 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 7 Hornchurch man sentenced for child exploitation and animal porn
- 8 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 9 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 10 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement
Two adjudicators from the national Music for Youth charity attended to enjoy the local talent and pick hopefuls for future national events.