Music for Youth Festival day held at Coopers Company and Coborn School, Upminster
- Credit: Archant
More than 400 children took part in a special school music event.
The Coopers Company and Coborn School in St Mary’s Lane, Upminster, hosted a Music for Youth Festival.
Director of Music Jan Bristow organised the day which featured youngsters performing several different genres and styles of music performed by youngsters for ten minutes each.
It featured choirs, bands, orchestras, vocalists and jazz artists, with 11 schools in total taking part.
Mrs Bristow said: “It was a fantastic day. Having other local schools take part meant that friendships between communities could be refreshed and revisited.
People of all ages attended to watch and listen to the performances, with children from the lower years and older students from neighbouring schools supporting their gifted classmates.
She added: “It was a great time for the little ones.”
- 1 'Feels like family': Romford school delights in Ofsted outcome
- 2 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 3 Police investigate reports of disabled students' 'unexplained' injuries at college
- 4 Collier Row pub applies to 'enhance outdoor seating experience'
- 5 Man murdered two armed teenage boys who had been chasing him, court told
- 6 Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
- 7 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- 8 Primark confirms 'incident' involving baby in Romford store
- 9 'Increased demand' to blame for overflowing Hornchurch bins, supermarket says
- 10 Application to build eight five-bed chalet bungalows in Havering-atte-Bower
Two adjudicators from the national Music for Youth charity attended to enjoy the local talent and pick hopefuls for future national events.