Music for Youth Festival day held at Coopers Company and Coborn School, Upminster
- Credit: Archant
More than 400 children took part in a special school music event.
The Coopers Company and Coborn School in St Mary’s Lane, Upminster, hosted a Music for Youth Festival.
Director of Music Jan Bristow organised the day which featured youngsters performing several different genres and styles of music performed by youngsters for ten minutes each.
It featured choirs, bands, orchestras, vocalists and jazz artists, with 11 schools in total taking part.
Mrs Bristow said: “It was a fantastic day. Having other local schools take part meant that friendships between communities could be refreshed and revisited.
You may also want to watch:
People of all ages attended to watch and listen to the performances, with children from the lower years and older students from neighbouring schools supporting their gifted classmates.
She added: “It was a great time for the little ones.”
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 7 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 8 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
Two adjudicators from the national Music for Youth charity attended to enjoy the local talent and pick hopefuls for future national events.