Music for Youth Festival day held at Coopers Company and Coborn School, Upminster
- Credit: Archant
More than 400 children took part in a special school music event.
The Coopers Company and Coborn School in St Mary’s Lane, Upminster, hosted a Music for Youth Festival.
Director of Music Jan Bristow organised the day which featured youngsters performing several different genres and styles of music performed by youngsters for ten minutes each.
It featured choirs, bands, orchestras, vocalists and jazz artists, with 11 schools in total taking part.
Mrs Bristow said: “It was a fantastic day. Having other local schools take part meant that friendships between communities could be refreshed and revisited.
You may also want to watch:
People of all ages attended to watch and listen to the performances, with children from the lower years and older students from neighbouring schools supporting their gifted classmates.
She added: “It was a great time for the little ones.”
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 5 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 6 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 7 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 8 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 9 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 10 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
Two adjudicators from the national Music for Youth charity attended to enjoy the local talent and pick hopefuls for future national events.