Hornchurch teachers and pupils doing their bit for Movember
Staff and students at a Hornchurch school are doing their bit to raise money and awareness of male cancer.
A group teachers at Suttons Primary School, Suttons Lane, have stopped shaving their upper lip for a month as part of the Movember campaign.
Meanwhile last Friday students donned false moustaches as part of a non-uniform day and held fundraising events for the charity.
Movember is designed to raise awareness of prostate cancer and other male cancers and stimulate discussion of the issues surrounding it.
They have so far raised around �150 for the charity and more events are being held next week.
You may also want to watch:
Year 6 teacher Peter Morell said: “They had a great time, it was good fun and it was quite sweet watching them trying to run around with their stick-on moustaches on.”
To donate to the schools Movember fund visit: uk.movember.com/team/625285.
- 1 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 2 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 3 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 4 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 5 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 6 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 9 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 10 Unions provide stationery packs to Barking, Dagenham and Havering children