Hornchurch teachers and pupils doing their bit for Movember
Staff and students at a Hornchurch school are doing their bit to raise money and awareness of male cancer.
A group teachers at Suttons Primary School, Suttons Lane, have stopped shaving their upper lip for a month as part of the Movember campaign.
Meanwhile last Friday students donned false moustaches as part of a non-uniform day and held fundraising events for the charity.
Movember is designed to raise awareness of prostate cancer and other male cancers and stimulate discussion of the issues surrounding it.
They have so far raised around �150 for the charity and more events are being held next week.
You may also want to watch:
Year 6 teacher Peter Morell said: “They had a great time, it was good fun and it was quite sweet watching them trying to run around with their stick-on moustaches on.”
To donate to the schools Movember fund visit: uk.movember.com/team/625285.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 9 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 10 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array