Hornchurch teachers and pupils doing their bit for Movember
Staff and students at a Hornchurch school are doing their bit to raise money and awareness of male cancer.
A group teachers at Suttons Primary School, Suttons Lane, have stopped shaving their upper lip for a month as part of the Movember campaign.
Meanwhile last Friday students donned false moustaches as part of a non-uniform day and held fundraising events for the charity.
Movember is designed to raise awareness of prostate cancer and other male cancers and stimulate discussion of the issues surrounding it.
They have so far raised around �150 for the charity and more events are being held next week.
You may also want to watch:
Year 6 teacher Peter Morell said: “They had a great time, it was good fun and it was quite sweet watching them trying to run around with their stick-on moustaches on.”
To donate to the schools Movember fund visit: uk.movember.com/team/625285.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months