Hornchurch teachers and pupils doing their bit for Movember
Staff and students at a Hornchurch school are doing their bit to raise money and awareness of male cancer.
A group teachers at Suttons Primary School, Suttons Lane, have stopped shaving their upper lip for a month as part of the Movember campaign.
Meanwhile last Friday students donned false moustaches as part of a non-uniform day and held fundraising events for the charity.
Movember is designed to raise awareness of prostate cancer and other male cancers and stimulate discussion of the issues surrounding it.
They have so far raised around �150 for the charity and more events are being held next week.
You may also want to watch:
Year 6 teacher Peter Morell said: “They had a great time, it was good fun and it was quite sweet watching them trying to run around with their stick-on moustaches on.”
To donate to the schools Movember fund visit: uk.movember.com/team/625285.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 5 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 6 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Construction of new Rainham Leisure centre pushed back to 2022