Former Hornchurch High School student among 41 pupils from same school offered an Oxbridge place
- Credit: Sam Dobin
A former Hornchurch High School pupils is one of 41 students from the same school that has been offered a place at an Oxbridge university.
A remarkable amount of teenagers from Brampton Manor Academy in Newham have been offered a place at one of the prestigious institutions.
Among the pupils hoping to get the grades to take up an Oxbridge place is former Hornchurch High pupul Dorcas Shodeinde, who received an offer to study law at St Catherine’s College, Oxford.
She has been in care since she was 14 but has not let that hold her back.
She said: “When I was put in care all I knew was that statistically care leavers don’t do very well.
You may also want to watch:
“I was determined that my future would be different.
“Brampton made me believe I was good enough to go to Oxford, and I can’t believe I’ve now got an offer to study there!”
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
The school tweeted out congratulations to its former pupil and said: “We are extremely proud of ex-Hornchurch High Student Dorcas Shodeinde, who was one of 41 students at Brampton Manor to have secured an offer to study at either Oxford or Cambridge”