Former Hornchurch High School student among 41 pupils from same school offered an Oxbridge place
- Credit: Sam Dobin
A former Hornchurch High School pupils is one of 41 students from the same school that has been offered a place at an Oxbridge university.
A remarkable amount of teenagers from Brampton Manor Academy in Newham have been offered a place at one of the prestigious institutions.
Among the pupils hoping to get the grades to take up an Oxbridge place is former Hornchurch High pupul Dorcas Shodeinde, who received an offer to study law at St Catherine’s College, Oxford.
She has been in care since she was 14 but has not let that hold her back.
She said: “When I was put in care all I knew was that statistically care leavers don’t do very well.
You may also want to watch:
“I was determined that my future would be different.
“Brampton made me believe I was good enough to go to Oxford, and I can’t believe I’ve now got an offer to study there!”
- 1 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 4 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 9 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 10 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
The school tweeted out congratulations to its former pupil and said: “We are extremely proud of ex-Hornchurch High Student Dorcas Shodeinde, who was one of 41 students at Brampton Manor to have secured an offer to study at either Oxford or Cambridge”