Former Hornchurch High School student among 41 pupils from same school offered an Oxbridge place
- Credit: Sam Dobin
A former Hornchurch High School pupils is one of 41 students from the same school that has been offered a place at an Oxbridge university.
A remarkable amount of teenagers from Brampton Manor Academy in Newham have been offered a place at one of the prestigious institutions.
Among the pupils hoping to get the grades to take up an Oxbridge place is former Hornchurch High pupul Dorcas Shodeinde, who received an offer to study law at St Catherine’s College, Oxford.
She has been in care since she was 14 but has not let that hold her back.
She said: “When I was put in care all I knew was that statistically care leavers don’t do very well.
“I was determined that my future would be different.
“Brampton made me believe I was good enough to go to Oxford, and I can’t believe I’ve now got an offer to study there!”
- 1 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 2 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 4 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 5 'Pupils love coming here': Romford primary school retains 'good' rating
- 6 Plans to convert hotel into housing rejected despite residents' support
- 7 Tribute paid to father one year after death in council hostel
- 8 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election
- 9 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 10 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
The school tweeted out congratulations to its former pupil and said: “We are extremely proud of ex-Hornchurch High Student Dorcas Shodeinde, who was one of 41 students at Brampton Manor to have secured an offer to study at either Oxford or Cambridge”