Former Hornchurch High School student among 41 pupils from same school offered an Oxbridge place
- Credit: Sam Dobin
A former Hornchurch High School pupils is one of 41 students from the same school that has been offered a place at an Oxbridge university.
A remarkable amount of teenagers from Brampton Manor Academy in Newham have been offered a place at one of the prestigious institutions.
Among the pupils hoping to get the grades to take up an Oxbridge place is former Hornchurch High pupul Dorcas Shodeinde, who received an offer to study law at St Catherine’s College, Oxford.
She has been in care since she was 14 but has not let that hold her back.
She said: “When I was put in care all I knew was that statistically care leavers don’t do very well.
You may also want to watch:
“I was determined that my future would be different.
“Brampton made me believe I was good enough to go to Oxford, and I can’t believe I’ve now got an offer to study there!”
- 1 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
- 2 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 9 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 10 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
The school tweeted out congratulations to its former pupil and said: “We are extremely proud of ex-Hornchurch High Student Dorcas Shodeinde, who was one of 41 students at Brampton Manor to have secured an offer to study at either Oxford or Cambridge”