Hornchurch school raises more than �1,500 for cancer support charity
Pupils from a Hornchurch school donated a cheque to a local charity which supports terminally ill cancer patients and their families.
The pupils from Raphael Independent School, Park Lane presented the Mark McCarthy Magic Moments charity with a cheque for �1,684.61.
It has been the school’s chosen charity for the last year and a series of events contributed to the sum.
Year Six pupil Sam Little said: “We really enjoyed organising our stalls and games on Charity Day.
“It was great to see so many people having fun and raising money. We also want to say thank you to everyone who supported our sponsored keep fit morning.”
You may also want to watch:
The school’s senior pupils also played a part by running several fun events including a charity bowling day, a barbecue and a day dressed in babygrows.
Headmistress Jackie Lawrence, added: “The staff and I are so proud of all our pupils.
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 3 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 4 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 5 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 6 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 7 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone
- 9 Council campaign calls on residents to take up Covid vaccine
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
“Every class from Reception to Year 11 were involved in raising such a great amount for a very worthy local cause.
“We are looking forward to more charity initiatives in school this year.”