Hornchurch school raises more than �1,500 for cancer support charity
Pupils from a Hornchurch school donated a cheque to a local charity which supports terminally ill cancer patients and their families.
The pupils from Raphael Independent School, Park Lane presented the Mark McCarthy Magic Moments charity with a cheque for �1,684.61.
It has been the school’s chosen charity for the last year and a series of events contributed to the sum.
Year Six pupil Sam Little said: “We really enjoyed organising our stalls and games on Charity Day.
“It was great to see so many people having fun and raising money. We also want to say thank you to everyone who supported our sponsored keep fit morning.”
You may also want to watch:
The school’s senior pupils also played a part by running several fun events including a charity bowling day, a barbecue and a day dressed in babygrows.
Headmistress Jackie Lawrence, added: “The staff and I are so proud of all our pupils.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Brookside Theatre to reopen with Peter Rabbit musical and Hairspray
“Every class from Reception to Year 11 were involved in raising such a great amount for a very worthy local cause.
“We are looking forward to more charity initiatives in school this year.”