Hornchurch school raises more than �1,500 for cancer support charity
Pupils from a Hornchurch school donated a cheque to a local charity which supports terminally ill cancer patients and their families.
The pupils from Raphael Independent School, Park Lane presented the Mark McCarthy Magic Moments charity with a cheque for �1,684.61.
It has been the school’s chosen charity for the last year and a series of events contributed to the sum.
Year Six pupil Sam Little said: “We really enjoyed organising our stalls and games on Charity Day.
“It was great to see so many people having fun and raising money. We also want to say thank you to everyone who supported our sponsored keep fit morning.”
The school’s senior pupils also played a part by running several fun events including a charity bowling day, a barbecue and a day dressed in babygrows.
Headmistress Jackie Lawrence, added: “The staff and I are so proud of all our pupils.
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 5 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 6 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 7 Hornchurch man sentenced for child exploitation and animal porn
- 8 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 9 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 10 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement
“Every class from Reception to Year 11 were involved in raising such a great amount for a very worthy local cause.
“We are looking forward to more charity initiatives in school this year.”