Hornchurch school raises more than �1,500 for cancer support charity
Pupils from a Hornchurch school donated a cheque to a local charity which supports terminally ill cancer patients and their families.
The pupils from Raphael Independent School, Park Lane presented the Mark McCarthy Magic Moments charity with a cheque for �1,684.61.
It has been the school’s chosen charity for the last year and a series of events contributed to the sum.
Year Six pupil Sam Little said: “We really enjoyed organising our stalls and games on Charity Day.
“It was great to see so many people having fun and raising money. We also want to say thank you to everyone who supported our sponsored keep fit morning.”
You may also want to watch:
The school’s senior pupils also played a part by running several fun events including a charity bowling day, a barbecue and a day dressed in babygrows.
Headmistress Jackie Lawrence, added: “The staff and I are so proud of all our pupils.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 5 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 6 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 7 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 10 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
“Every class from Reception to Year 11 were involved in raising such a great amount for a very worthy local cause.
“We are looking forward to more charity initiatives in school this year.”