Hornchurch school raises more than �1,500 for cancer support charity
Pupils from a Hornchurch school donated a cheque to a local charity which supports terminally ill cancer patients and their families.
The pupils from Raphael Independent School, Park Lane presented the Mark McCarthy Magic Moments charity with a cheque for �1,684.61.
It has been the school’s chosen charity for the last year and a series of events contributed to the sum.
Year Six pupil Sam Little said: “We really enjoyed organising our stalls and games on Charity Day.
“It was great to see so many people having fun and raising money. We also want to say thank you to everyone who supported our sponsored keep fit morning.”
The school’s senior pupils also played a part by running several fun events including a charity bowling day, a barbecue and a day dressed in babygrows.
Headmistress Jackie Lawrence, added: “The staff and I are so proud of all our pupils.
- 1 Property spotlight: Property prices rocket around Premier League team's training ground
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 'Crucial' consultation begins on proposed changes to Lower Thames Crossing project
- 5 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 6 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 8 Here are five top-rated delicious 'cheap eats' in Havering, according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 10 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
“Every class from Reception to Year 11 were involved in raising such a great amount for a very worthy local cause.
“We are looking forward to more charity initiatives in school this year.”