Hornchurch school ‘exceptionally proud’ to be judged outstanding
- Credit: Archant
A school is celebrating after being judged outstanding in all areas by Ofsted inspectors.
Towers Infant School, Osborne Road, Hornchurch, was found to provide outstanding teaching.
Pupil behaviour, welfare and development were also highly praised.
Executive headteacher, Jan Lobley, said: “This is an outcome that we are all exceptionally proud of and is a result of the immense hard work, dedication, skills and support of our amazing team of staff, governors, families and, above all, our pupils.”
Inspectors reported that “the executive headteacher, ably supported by the head of school, provides inspirational leadership.
You may also want to watch:
“Both leaders are uncompromising in their pursuit of high standards and outstanding progress for all pupils.”
Head of school, Sarah Meacher, added: “We are immensely grateful and proud of our staff, who work so hard to ensure the outstanding outcomes that we get for our children.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 5 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 6 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 7 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 8 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 9 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 10 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
“We are also so proud of our children. Ofsted commented on their exceptional behaviour and the huge respect they display for each other.
“Our children spoke enthusiastically to the inspectors and were keen to show them their work and all the things that they love about our school. They are truly a credit to both us and their parents.”
The report states that “teaching is outstanding. All teaching staff have high expectations that all pupils should succeed.
“Teachers ensure that pupils thoroughly enjoy learning.? Pupils, including the most able and those who are disadvantaged, make excellent gains in their knowledge, skills and understanding.”
The only area put forward for improvement was pupils’ physical development in early years.
The school had been judged good in its previous inspection in 2011.