Hornchurch kids dress up for Victorian day
Students at a school stepped back in time with a Victorian themed day.
The year six pupils from Langtons Junior School in Western Avenue, Hornchurch enjoyed everything Victorian on Wednesday October 3.
Teacher Jackie Harbott said: “The children absolutely loved it.
“It gave them a real insight of what life was like for children going to school in the era.”
The day saw the students and teachers coming to school dressed in Victorian clothes.
You may also want to watch:
The youngsters even used ink and quill to write with and lunch times saw them playing with Victorian games.
Jackie said: “At the end of the day, a lot of the students were asking if they could do it again.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 9 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 10 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
“We tried to make it as authentic as we could and surprisingly they even loved the dictations.”
The teachers organised the day as part of a project the students are doing on the Victorian period.