Hornchurch children create mosaic of their school life
- Credit: Archant
Children created their own mosaic to illustrate their life in school.
Pupils from Nelmes Primary School, in Wingletye Lane, Hornchurch, worked with mosaic artist Paul Siggins last week to create the work.
The montage was created over three days from drawings the children produced showing how they travel to school, enjoy sport, their school logo, and their surrounding area.
Paul Siggins said: “It was wonderful to be invited back to Nelmes Primary school. Seeing the children’s joy at the work they produced is something I’ll never tire of – the mosaic they create will be there for years to come to be enjoyed by many.”
Fiona Siggins, from The Mosaic Studio, said: “There’s never a dull moment working with young students to create a mosaic. The wonderful thing about bringing art directly into schools - particularly creating a lasting legacy artwork, is the wonder on young students faces when we explain what they’re making that day will last for 50 or even 100 years!
You may also want to watch:
“At Nelmes the pupils were in awe and had pride with their work and they will certainly remember their mosaic experience for many years, something we’ve been absolutely delighted to discover.”
For more information about the Mosaic Studio you can call 01702 712111 or visit www.themosaicstudio.com.
- 1 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 2 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Wanstead and Havering residents 'make noise' for proportional representation
- 6 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 10 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts