Hollywood actor visits Harold Wood school and supports anti-racism project
- Credit: Archant
A Hollywood actor visited a Harold Wood school to give his backing to an inspirational anti-racism project.
Actor and Director Winston Ellis visited the Rainbow Nation project at Redden Court School on Wednesday for a special assembly.
Winston spoke to a packed school hall enthralling students with his extraordinary life story.
Students were also on hand to tell the esteemed actor about the Rainbow Nation campaign, which seeks to eradicate racism and prejudice in the classroom and beyond.
Winston, who visited the Cotswold Road school, gave a talk to students about his 14 years spent in Hong Kong working with Jackie Chan.
You may also want to watch:
He told Redden Court pupils about becoming a Martial Arts world champion and how he used the experience to best affect in order to film alongside the star.
Shamson Wahab, Year 11 Rainbow Nation student secretary said: “Winston was amazing when he came to our school.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 3 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 7 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 8 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 9 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
“We know that we have to make a determined effort to succeed in our chosen careers, listening to Winston’s advice was something we will always remember.”
The Pirates of Caribbean and The Dark Night actor also made an impassioned plea for students to work hard and aim high and never to give up on their dreams.
Meg Ryan, Rainbow Nation director said: “Winston is a wonderful role model for young people, he represents all the ideals of Rainbow Nation in striving for a fairer society where young people take all opportunities to develop their talents and make the best of their lives.”