Head to leave Hornchurch academy after year-long absence
- Credit: Archant
An academy headteacher who has been absent since September will leave his post this summer.
Steven Hughes’ unexplained year-long absence from Abbs Cross Academy, in Abbs Cross Lane Hornchurch, will end on August 31.
A message from Gregory Bowl, chairman of governors, was posted on the school’s website confirming he will leave the role.
It states: “The governors write to inform staff and parents that the headmaster, Steven Hughes, will leave the School with effect from 31 August 2015.
“Mr Franceschi and Mr Holland will continue in the positions of acting head until then and the governors are actively seeking a new headteacher for the forthcoming year.
You may also want to watch:
“The Governors would like to thank Mr Hughes for his service to the school and wish him the best for the future.”
What are your thoughts on Mr Hughes’ departure? Contact Sam on 020 8477 3810 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 3 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 7 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 8 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons