Head to leave Hornchurch academy after year-long absence
- Credit: Archant
An academy headteacher who has been absent since September will leave his post this summer.
Steven Hughes’ unexplained year-long absence from Abbs Cross Academy, in Abbs Cross Lane Hornchurch, will end on August 31.
A message from Gregory Bowl, chairman of governors, was posted on the school’s website confirming he will leave the role.
It states: “The governors write to inform staff and parents that the headmaster, Steven Hughes, will leave the School with effect from 31 August 2015.
“Mr Franceschi and Mr Holland will continue in the positions of acting head until then and the governors are actively seeking a new headteacher for the forthcoming year.
You may also want to watch:
“The Governors would like to thank Mr Hughes for his service to the school and wish him the best for the future.”
What are your thoughts on Mr Hughes’ departure? Contact Sam on 020 8477 3810 or email email@example.com.
- 1 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 4 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 5 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 8 Pictures: Beautiful double rainbow arrives in Havering
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould