Head to leave Hornchurch academy after year-long absence
- Credit: Archant
An academy headteacher who has been absent since September will leave his post this summer.
Steven Hughes’ unexplained year-long absence from Abbs Cross Academy, in Abbs Cross Lane Hornchurch, will end on August 31.
A message from Gregory Bowl, chairman of governors, was posted on the school’s website confirming he will leave the role.
It states: “The governors write to inform staff and parents that the headmaster, Steven Hughes, will leave the School with effect from 31 August 2015.
“Mr Franceschi and Mr Holland will continue in the positions of acting head until then and the governors are actively seeking a new headteacher for the forthcoming year.
You may also want to watch:
“The Governors would like to thank Mr Hughes for his service to the school and wish him the best for the future.”
What are your thoughts on Mr Hughes’ departure? Contact Sam on 020 8477 3810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 5 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 6 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 7 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 8 Hornchurch Athletic captain excited by league switch and a new sponsorship deal
- 9 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back