Havering youngsters take part in challenges to raise money for museum
A group of young people will be taking part in challenges to raise money for Havering Museum.
The group, called Team Perham, are part of the project Challenge Network, which aims to encourage youngsters to take part in a series of outward bound activities to connect them with their communities while raising funds for charities.
The group have chosen to raise money for Havering Museum, and spent last Saturday in Romford Market and The Brewery shopping centre.
They volunteered and handed out leaflets and information to help raise awareness and promote the museum and events it holds.
The group spent a week on gruelling activities in the Brecon Beacons and have taken part in a sponsored cycle ride on Boris Bikes, supported by the Mayor of London Boris Johnson.
You may also want to watch:
They are now planning a sponsored walk in aid of the museum, in High Street, Romford.
The money raised will go towards activities for children and older people.
- 1 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 2 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 3 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 4 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 5 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 6 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 7 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
- 8 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 9 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 10 Hornchurch gym sees 'growing trend' of members post-lockdown
Peter Stewart, business manager at the museum, said: “I worked closely with this group last Saturday and was very impressed by their enthusiasm and dedication to the task we set them.
“It’s not easy for anyone, particularly youngsters, to go out in public and interact with them. They all did themselves and Havering Museum very proud.”
To donate visit https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/haveringbikerides.