Havering youngsters take part in challenges to raise money for museum
A group of young people will be taking part in challenges to raise money for Havering Museum.
The group, called Team Perham, are part of the project Challenge Network, which aims to encourage youngsters to take part in a series of outward bound activities to connect them with their communities while raising funds for charities.
The group have chosen to raise money for Havering Museum, and spent last Saturday in Romford Market and The Brewery shopping centre.
They volunteered and handed out leaflets and information to help raise awareness and promote the museum and events it holds.
The group spent a week on gruelling activities in the Brecon Beacons and have taken part in a sponsored cycle ride on Boris Bikes, supported by the Mayor of London Boris Johnson.
You may also want to watch:
They are now planning a sponsored walk in aid of the museum, in High Street, Romford.
The money raised will go towards activities for children and older people.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 7 Application for ramp to help man with cerebral palsy is rejected
- 8 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 9 Havering South is one of the best vaccination teams in the country
- 10 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
Peter Stewart, business manager at the museum, said: “I worked closely with this group last Saturday and was very impressed by their enthusiasm and dedication to the task we set them.
“It’s not easy for anyone, particularly youngsters, to go out in public and interact with them. They all did themselves and Havering Museum very proud.”
To donate visit https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/haveringbikerides.