Havering teenager gets VIP treatment at Arsenal
�An Upminster teenager was given the VIP treatment by Arsenal last month after winning a competition.
Holly Minton, 16, watched the Gunners’ 6-1 victory over Coventry City in the league cup from an exclusive box, and was paid a surprise visit by the club mascot Gunnersaurus and Poland and Arsenal keeper Wojciech Szczesny.
The prize was part of the club’s young membership scheme Junior Gunners.
Holly, who has been a Junior Gunner since she was two days old, said: “There’s always lots of amazing opportunities and competitions I can enter.
You may also want to watch:
“I was lucky enough to win a competition in September. I was to go to the Emirates Stadium to watch the match in an exclusive box with my mum.
“The score at the end was 6-1 Arsenal, which made my night even better!”
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 3 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 6 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 7 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
- 8 Elm Park pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Five-year-old Ezra cycles 500km for charity
- 10 New Harrow Lodge Leisure Centre set to open