Havering students to showcase their work in Islington designers’ exhibition
- Credit: Archant
A group of local students will be showcasing their graphic design work in an exhibition in Islington.
The group, who study at Havering College, Ardleigh Green campus, will be featured in the New Designers’ Exhibition at the Business Design Centre.
The event will give them a chance to show their work and demonstrate their skills to a range of prospective employers.
Tony Branch, curriculum manager for higher education graphic design at the college, said: “The exhibition is a chance for the students to showcase their work, especially as it is attended by industry professionals. There is the potential of employment as a result of the exhibition, and the past couple of years students have also been featured in national magazines.
“Most of the work being shown has been produced since Christmas; and they are an interesting and diverse group. Their work shows a real sense of the students’ individual qualities coming through.”
You may also want to watch:
The group is currently on a mission to raise enough money to produce a publicity catalogue that will be given to visitors and potential employers. They are organising a Vintage Fayre on campus and hope to raise enough money to produce 1,000 catalogues. They will be selling advertising space in the catalogue which will be distributed at the exhibition as part of a package to raise awareness of the new designers.
They are looking for donations of vintage clothing, costume jewellery and accessories that they can sell to young people who are looking for an individual fashion style or to textile students to update and re-model for a modern look.
- 1 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 4 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 5 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 6 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 7 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 8 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 9 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 10 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
If you would like more information or to donate items you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the college on 01708 455011 x2076.