Havering schools handed £598k to improve services for children with special educational needs
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images/PA Wire/PA Ima
Havering’s schools are set to benefit from a £22million boost in funding to create additional spaces for children with special educational needs, the Department for Education (DfE) has revealed.
On Tuesday, May 29, children and families minister Nadhim Zahawi announced Havering will be granted £598,000 from a national pot of £50m to help create innovative new facilities for SEN children.
The scheme will create more special school places in Havering and could help build new specialist facilities to support children with complex needs, such as sensory rooms and playgrounds with specialist equipment.
Ms Zahawi said: “All parents want to send their child to a good local school, one that meets their individual needs and supports them to achieve their full potential, regardless of the challenges they may face.
“This funding will help to create additional school places in Havering, with a clear focus on transforming the experience of education for children with special educational needs or disabilities.”
You may also want to watch:
Havering Council’s basic Special Educational Needs allocation for 2021 is £21,953,472.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 3 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 4 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 5 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 6 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 7 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 8 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions